PDA

View Full Version : BA A321 Config Info Please

VirginFSM
22nd May 2005, 16:11
Hello All

Just after some anorak-type info on BAs new mainline A321s. Things like where the jumpseats are and the crew numbering. How many rows? Are the galleys laid out differently to the A319/32As?

Forgive me, but I have no life clearly!

VirginFSM

theskyboy
22nd May 2005, 16:29
Hi there.

Our A321's are configured as follows:

The Galley areas to all intents and purposes are the same as the 319 and new 320's, with the addition of one toilet aft of D1L. Then it's one long old cabin down to row 35(ish) with 4 crew seats in the rear galley (same as new A320). There is also a forward facing crew seat inboard at D2R and a rear facing crew seat out board at D3R.

There are max 49 in C class in the converter seats at 5 abreast. With rest 10 - 34 in Y at 6 abreast.

Crew numbering is as follows

D1L:1,6
D2R:2
D3R:3
D4:4,5,7,8

(Minimum Crew (CAA):1,2,3,4
(Minimum Crew (BA):1,2,3,4,5

BTW A320 EUUM/EUUN are being reconfigured in a new 4 abreast C seat for a 2 month trial. As you can imagine this is the most exciting thing to happen on shorthaul since Deli bags became Deli boxes.LOL.

Hope this helps.:ok:

UFGBOY
22nd May 2005, 16:35
do u have csd's on them as standardor Psr in charge (again - have no life!) as I know 757 have to have csd....!

VirginFSM
22nd May 2005, 16:37
Thanks so much for the quick reply! Is the swivel j/s still in place at the back? Are the seats at D2R and D3L next to pax as per the old No2 position on "old 320s"?

Could you tell me which cc number sits at which seat?

Cheers!

VirginFSM

theskyboy
22nd May 2005, 16:44
The 321 is a purser aircraft, which is a bone of contention with eurofleet crews, as it's the same size as a 757.

The crew seats at D2R/D3R are right next to the pax, you can almost kiss the lucky person sitting next to you at 3R.

There is a swivel crew seat in the aisle a D4.

I'll try and do a little seat map thing (Left to Right):

D1L: 6,1
D2R: 2
D3R:3
D4L: 5 4 8 7 : D4R

4 is is the siwvel crew seat in the aisle

VirginFSM
22nd May 2005, 16:50
Thanks theskyboy!

This is why I love these forums, you ask and you get!

Cheers

VSFSM

Anti-ice
22nd May 2005, 18:13
It's probably the most unpopular a/c in BA at the moment too -

BA's Future size and shape machine went into overdrive on 'development' , mmm , of this aircraft.

Reason being , they have squashed the 'y' passengers into a 31' seat pitch on these thin seats meaning they can install even more seats.

This means that any flight over 70/80% full is a handabaggage nightmare as we longer no have the resources at the gate to stop people coming on with 2-4 pieces which now seems to be the norm :mad:

There are also (maddeningly) no useable wardrobes (whereas the equivalent 757 has 5.

The crew are squashed right into the window at door 3 and cannot stand up at all there as there are seats are squashed all around them - you face is also about 10cm from the next passenger - nice if they have a cold/flu/b.o.
you are supposed to stand there for boarding, but it is impossible as there is no space except the aisle( the ceiling is lower over doors 3 for the power assist bottles in the hatrack.

There is only a crew complement of 5 on most flights , you are hard pushed with 33 rows of never ending undivided cabin.

The best place to work is club which is capped at 49 (757 can go up to 134 so this may bite BA in the @ss one day).

It also rides badly in turbulence.

I think crew prefered the 737-200 over this :ugh:
Shame,it could have been a nice plane, but crew dread working on it if it is full , and passengers feel really squashed in 'down the back'