22nd May 2005, 09:21
Has anyone received a phone call?
Cheers :ok:

camelback
22nd May 2005, 22:21
No, I was really hoping to get one...

aaaaa
23rd May 2005, 07:05
Don't give up all hope, I know of one person who got a phonecall after about two weeks. They are not always as fast as they say for whatever reason.

Best of luck to you both :ok:

camelback
23rd May 2005, 07:15
I really hope you're right. I enjoyed every minute of it.

flyA380
23rd May 2005, 07:46
In my case it took between two and three weeks before they called me. (To be honest, I had started giving up hope.):(

But then the call came, sim check was done and a week after that I had my starting date...

So, cheer up: as long as you do not get the written confirmation that you shouldn't come back before 12months, you're still in the running!:ok:

MrBernoulli
24th May 2005, 07:23
Yes, it seems to be very variable. A colleague of mine waited a week to get a call to come back for a sim. I was fortunate enough to get a call on my way home. I don't know what accounts for the variations!

mr ripley
24th May 2005, 07:34
Where as we were all told during the assessment day (Apr) that there were no sim slots the next day. We (well the four of us that knew each other out of the seven present) were phoned between 1700 and 1800 ish. Phonecall indicated that we had passed and would be phoned to be offered a sim slot the following afternoon. That phonecall offered a sim slot the following week. And just for completion, was phoned a week and a half after the sim to be told that I had passed the sim. Then another wait of about a week to find out starting date (Aug) and aircraft type (777).

I wonder what it was like before mobiles?

camelback
24th May 2005, 08:42
MrBernouilli, mr Ripley,

It' nothing personal but I think I'm gone stick to the comments of aaaaa and flyA380 since I wasn't called the same evening. :O

But, I'm really happy for you guys, hopefully I'm gone be as lucky to join the two of you.

sonicguy
24th May 2005, 09:03
Same as camelback....

Thanks a lot for the replies!

Let's wait!!!!!:{

flyA380
24th May 2005, 10:07
Does anyone know by the way how many more DEP's will be hired on the 777, and in what timeframe?

mr ripley
24th May 2005, 10:43
What I forgot to say was I also know of at least 2 people who had to wait at least a week for a phonecall. As you are probably aware BA have a weekly meeting to review candidates.

Good luck to you!

sonicguy
25th May 2005, 06:20
Camelback check your PM!;)

MrBernoulli
26th May 2005, 20:56
sonicguy,

Any good news you can share with us?

camelback,

My apologies, I wasn't trying to imply anything. I was just trying to indicate that the 'system' seems to be very variable and one shouldn't become too down-hearted if there is a wait involved. I think some of the other postings here prove that.

Best of luck to you both.