PDA

View Full Version : CAE Simuflite Dubai TRI Position

I robot
22nd May 2005, 04:32
Dear All;
I've just been offered a position with CAE / Simuflite in Dubai, will be teaching on the 737 Sim and possibly the G V as well (if they give me a free type rating)
Any of you out there have any experience with this orginisation?
As I'll have to uproot my entire family to go to such a volitile region was wondering if they are all they say and if any of you have any input on the management of Dubai CAE etc.

All inputs would be greatfully received.
Thanx... I Robot

Hårek den Hardbalne
22nd May 2005, 08:30
Did also receive an offer from them, but I have "a problem" with a) that you have to relocate, and b) the salary.

An organisation like CAE with sim centers at different locations around the world should be able to offer some sort of a commuting contract, and a better salary. Having said that, the help you get to relocate is not at all bad, but relocate.............? Why. When agencies together with airlines can offer commuting contracts, why cannot CAE. Yes, I know, it is their privilege, but still.

barit1
22nd May 2005, 22:33
Try for a month or two of commuting before committing to a move. Dubai is a fair place to live, but costs are substantial.

Look for independent data such as this. (http://eiu.enumerate.com/asp/wcol_HelpWhatIsWCOL.asp)

cyclops camel
23rd May 2005, 00:52
What is the salary/package? Just wanting more info to help you come to a decision. I have been here seven years. It's the old money v lifestyle dilemma.

I robot
23rd May 2005, 05:17
Thank you gentlemen for your input!, I've been researching this TRTO n Dubai intensively and what I found out so far is not too good!!
The package is about $6 K USD p/m but the hours are putting some of the TRI's into hospital with heart attacks!! So far, I'm told that 2 guys had to leave because of the stress from over working there due to shortage of staff.
Most TRI's there were disgrunted and unhappy w/the management who are very personality A types.
They have fired, TRI's on small infringements and stupid reasons.
Seems they have a ''revolving door'' there and go through instructors faster than other TRTO's.

Have also heard that you are given a 3 years contract and if you're given another equipment to teach, they make you sign a ''training bond'' and tie you in further.

The cost of living in DXB is also very high and you have to pay for the apartment's rent up front for the whole year !! and it's very difficult to find anyways, as Dubai is in a 'boom town' period right now.

All in all, I'm still researching the place and TRTO's reputation anyother feed back would be gratefully received. I Robot.

zappa's pilot
23rd May 2005, 05:49
Yes, I worked there for a while last year, Man! that place is run by a guy who has NO idea on how a TRTO should be run!, a total moron!..hired one guy to teach the ATP seminar all the way from the US and upon his arrival was told that he couldn't teach the ATP course there as the FAA would not allow them to do so.

Another guy was hired from NL who upon arrival with his entire family, could not teach the 73 ground school as CAE Dubai forgot to check if he had a ''ground instructors' license"... Morons!

2 guys ended up having a heart attack. one was fired on stupid charges the other left after a few more months and was denied 'shipping' of his personal stuff as he didn't complete his ''training contract'' term of 3 years and was giving a economy class ticket back home.

2 local TRI's also left recently I heard from old friends there, as they couldn't stand the work load anymore.. shows to go you! even the locals don't think too much of that place.

Another 2 experienced TRI/TRE were fired and it ended up in litigation as ''wrongful termination'' and they settled out of court after much harrasment, legal costs and anguish!

So all in all, a great place to work.. wouldn't you agree??

Stay in the US my friend..better to make less than have all that hassle and possibly a heart attack! you'll be lucky indeed to last the 3 year contract ALIVE! :yuk:

Willie Everlearn
24th May 2005, 00:30
zappa's pilot

6K a month?
What about housing? Do they put you up in a flat or a villa or is it a monthly allowance, find what you will for that.
6 day work week? No overtime pay? Days off in lieu of O/T? FAR 142 says no more than 8 hours a day. Or do they follow 142 and ARE they a 142 centre???

Working for BaH? Has he ever held a PPL/CPL/ATPL ???
Has he ever taught in a FFS??? Makes you wonder.

Got T&C from EK recently for FCTI position. Mandatory retirement age 60. Same for EK-CAE? Hardly worth the hassle for anything less than 10 years (depending on your age) I should think.

Doesn't sound to me like its much of a "job". Nor worth the hassle when so many other reputable centres are looking for interested parties with Quals and Exp.

Sure would appreciate your feedback on this one as I've also thrown my name in the hat.

:confused: