PDA

View Full Version : Any Ex "Dukie" pilots out there

paradigm shift
21st May 2005, 19:58
Any Ex Duke Of York Royal Military school pupils out there, who are of the master race?

Grand Day approaches. on 1st of July, I always think that whats missing from the Grand Day parade is a fly past.

When I was a SNCO on the Harrier Force my boss arranged a fly past on Grand Day some years ago, but due to weather it was kissed off.

Any ex Dukies out there that could sort out any type of fly past on 1st July.

I am in SDLO land right now and have no connections.

.Surely there is a Senior ex "Dukie" that could make this happen.

Just a thought.

In the Carribean right now, just up the coast from where CD and FG used to live! Any spelling ,istakes are induced by the genourous tots of Rum!

Wycombe
22nd May 2005, 08:13
Paradigm, you obviously weren't at Grand Day in 2003 - nice flypast by 4 (Marham, I think) GR4's.

I'm also old enough to remember when the Jumping Jet came to visit the School playing fields for a couple of days (late 70's) - driver was on Old Boy

Not a member of a the HMFC master race, but I am a non-professional aviating ex-Dukie, with some current and former Mil connections.

I know of quite a few ex-Dukie Mil aviators (RAF transport & RAF/AAC rotary), but I suspect many of them are "out" now.

engineer(retard)
22nd May 2005, 19:42
Was there in 2003, top fly past, and shall be there again this year seeing my son leave DYRMS.

Regards

retard

paradigm shift
23rd May 2005, 15:26
Yes I did miss the 2003 Grand Day.

What chance some more for this year?

I too shall be there to see my son on Parade for the last time.

And the same again next year when PS #2 marches on and off for the last time.

Paradigm Shift