PDA

View Full Version : early eurovision prediction

McAero
21st May 2005, 19:50
50 minutes into the Eurovision and I reckon Norway will win this year. Those guys were pretty good.............even if they did sound like a poor version of Alice Cooper and his band!

Tuba Mirum
21st May 2005, 21:02
Mrs TM voted for Malta...

I agree, naturally!

colmac747
21st May 2005, 21:03
Thought New Zealand did well:8

Whirlygig
21st May 2005, 21:18
I've just sat through them all and I've forgotten which of the "Middle European" acts I liked. Must of them tended to sound the same but I won't denegrate them for that necessarily. Personally, I like the Slavic/Romany/Gyspy type music/beat/key.

My trick is to see if I can accompany them on the guitar. If I can, and it's an easy key, then the song can't be too complex. One of them (ex-yoguslavian state - can't remember had two key changes!!)

So my smart money is on Israel, Greece or a Baltic state.

Cheers

Whirlygig

IB4138
21st May 2005, 21:29
Heared the first 7then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!:bored:

Woke up for voting......what a sad joke!:bored:

Lukeafb1
21st May 2005, 21:37
I'm apoplectic with rage! Totally [email protected]@ed off! :mad: :mad: :mad:
How dare Ireland give us some points. Its knocked us off the top. There we were, mounting a magnificent 'Zero points' and what happens? Ireland [email protected]@er it up!

I'm going to bed. And heaven help the BBC and Wogan if we participate in this utter farce again.:yuk: :mad: :yuk: :mad: :p :p

X-QUORK
21st May 2005, 21:52
Come on Greece!!

I love the tactical voting, it's what makes the Eurovision such a wonderful farce. Sadly for us Brits, the Eastern Europeans have the majority vote now and we always seem to languish in the bottom few countries. I had no idea there were about 250 countries in Europe, including Israel for godsake!

Lukeafb1
21st May 2005, 21:53
I'm even more apoplectic now! How dare Malta and Turkey give us any points!:mad: :mad: :mad: Fourth from top is totally unacceptable! What happened to politics? Has it totally gone out of the window? Where is the spirit of unfair play? I demand a recount and restoration of our glorious position as bottom of this farce.:{ :{

Whirlygig
21st May 2005, 21:58
As I mentioned on another thread, the Spanish entry was appalling. And who gives them 12 points? Andoora! Who did Cyprus give 12 points to? Greece! Although I think they deserved it.

Remember you heard it here first - Greece!!

Cheers

Whirlygig

X-QUORK
21st May 2005, 22:00
Sorry Whirly, but you heard it from me first! Greece to win.

Whirlygig
21st May 2005, 22:30
....er... I posted before you! Israel or Greece or a Baltic state. Sadly, I can't remember which Baltic state as I had already had a few pints of Old GrumbleBelly but it was a particular Baltic state I had in mind; not just a general one!

Cheers

Whirlygig

X-QUORK
21st May 2005, 22:40
Sorry Whirly, just looked back and now realise you were the first to predict correctly...I apologise! I'm glad they won...well deserved.

WestWind1950
22nd May 2005, 05:12
I didn't think the German entry was THAT bad :{

I always make some notes about the songs I like or don't like... funny, they never match up with the end results :ugh: I did give Greece 3 stars. The Spanish song reminded me of the Le Ketchup hit, the Norwegian of the Rocky Horror Picture show, Denmark was ok, Bosnia was too much like an ABBA remake.... oh well.....

It's always interesting to see that some songs get 12 points in some countries (usually neighbors or otherwise politically befriended) while they get none from other countries. I guess it REALLY has nothing to do with taste or quality :uhoh:

Westy

Jerricho
22nd May 2005, 16:05
I guess it REALLY has nothing to do with taste or quality

Yup.. Sums up just about the whole thing.

Unfortunately, I missed it being here in Canada. Anybody have any idea as to just how many people watched it and voted?

Irish Steve
22nd May 2005, 20:33
Questions.

Was there any significance in the only "western" european states being the bottom 4, with all the rest of the western area eliminated before the finals?

Is there anyone left in Kiev today that's not deaf? Most of the announcers could have been heard comfortably in Ireland without the microphones.:E

Other than that, what was totally noticable and predictable was the regional voting.

Given that the bottom 4 are the largest financial contributors to the whole mess, how long before we see some serious demands for major change to the structure etc? :E

McAero
22nd May 2005, 20:38
Let's just boycott it next year and see how funny the baltics find that..........:cool:

tart1
22nd May 2005, 20:54
I can't believe we still take part in this annual farce. :suspect:

The whole thing is a pathetic joke. :*

Wannabe Flyboy
22nd May 2005, 21:26
How about proportional voting? If we get on the side of the French, the Spainish and the Germans then we vastly outnumber all the Baltic states put together and tripled...