PDA

View Full Version : 737 Reverser Doors

AntiCrash
21st May 2005, 17:53
We manage a 737-700 (private) and seem to have allot of broken parts in a very low time airframe. Are there any Ppruners out there that have experiences a simular situation? Our main problem seems to be a very Short Lifespan of 737 Reverser Doors and Links. The next problem area is the fuel panels are getting spotted with corrosion, which seems to me could be due to poor primer coverage.

Is this comon?

binrow
22nd May 2005, 11:19
cant speak for the ng series but have worked 3/400's for 14 yrs and the reverser drag links and links to the doors ' the bushes and bearings allways flog out as for the tank panels they are just as bad for corrosion just ask the boys at qantas in melbourne at present repalcing a lwr wing skin due to corrosion. Allways a problem allways will be , just take the overtime and pay off the family home

morroccomole
23rd May 2005, 16:00
Anti Crash, I have some info for you, have sent you PM. There are some circumstances that cause corrosion in the link spherical bearings.
MM

hangar 9
24th May 2005, 02:27
morroccomole, can you share your experience we all want to learn

the mustang ranch
26th May 2005, 12:07
hey morroccomole pm me i would like to know as well....
to binrow pm all so i like to know about the de-skinning of the lwr wing surface on that magot down their

morroccomole
26th May 2005, 23:32
Ok here's th gen: The bearings on the link arms on the blocker doors are corroding and seizing. This causes the arms to shear. It is most prevailent on low cycle / high humidity aircraft. If you need any other info, pm me with an e mail adress and I'll send you a pdf of it all.

binrow
30th May 2005, 12:19
mustang

traveled through mel but missed the skin off try to get photos for a lookboys in mel say wing internal inspections are a breeze and that boeing should make it std practice.