PDA

View Full Version : Lhr

Olendirk
21st May 2005, 05:18
Hey guys!

I hope some of you could write me some specials about LHR. Im going to fly there in a some days and Id like to know what specials are there,e.g. runway in use,speeds,holdings etc. Im coming from the south east.

Thanks!

OD

Deano777
21st May 2005, 22:53
I can only assume you are coming in as a passenger? if so your question will be more suited in this forum

Clicky (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=61)

flaps to 60
23rd May 2005, 13:08
Olendirk

If you are operating into LHR Then the best advice i can give is to read the notes on your aerads or jeppys before you get anywhere near taking off from your field of origin.

Its no different than any other airport in terms of getting on to the runway except that your more likely to get a hold at busy times. Once on the deck thats when it starts to get busy!

KEEP YOUR XPDR ON, ON THE GROUND until you shut down regardles of what yor sops say or the GMC wont know where you are.

Have the aerodrome and taxy plate out as its a maze on the ground and the point they tell you to taxy to maybe 1/2 a mile away.

Keep a good listen out on the RT and follow thier instructions to a "T".

The LATCC and LHR controlers are amongst the best if not the best and will make it all seem to happen seamlesly.

Enjoy!