PDA

View Full Version : El Questro Heliwork WA

yoobeedo
21st May 2005, 04:23
Saw a photo of a Heliwork WA KH4 at El Questro on tourism. Is this an entry level job for Heliwork, what hours are required?

Pay, conditions, lifestyle and all that goss would be great too.

sammy76
23rd May 2005, 04:08
yoobeedo,
Heliwork is now running an R44 at ELQ. In Heliwork guys start out in the Bungles. If you want to fly at ELQ you'll need to do a couple of seasons in the bungles first, then if you're still around you may get the ELQ position in you're third season. As for hours, they take rookies at the bungles so by the time pilots go to ELQ they have around 800 hrs. Lots of confined area stuff at ELQ and the company is touchy about putting inproven pilots in that position. I assume you're a rookie, if so, the bungles is your first stop, but it looks like it's full for the season.
:ok:

blave
23rd May 2005, 04:50
Pardon the question, but what in the h*** is "the Bungles"? :confused:

Dave Blevins
USA

overpitched
23rd May 2005, 05:23
What can one say about the bungles that hasn't already been said. The Bungles is the first stop for almost every rookie planker and rotorhead in the top end. "the Bungles" the beehive domes, Purnululu National Park, The bunjle bunjles, home away from home.

30 minute scenics in a KH4. 12 a day per pilot in peak season, 28 days on 4 off, living in a tent for 7 months.... Welcome to the Bungles folks.

MPT
23rd May 2005, 05:48
G'day All,

Ah, the Bungles!! At least I had the pleasure of residing in "civilisation", i.e. Turkey Creek.

Dave, do a search on Bungle Bungles or Purnululu National Park, it's a spectacular rock formation in the Kimberley region of north west Australia.

Cheers,

MPT