PDA

View Full Version : Charging for inflight medication??

flystarboy
20th May 2005, 22:02
A work colleague of mine reliably informs me that a certain irish carrier (.com) actually charges passengers for the glass of water and the paracetamol tabs when requested....... Anyone know if this is true ??:hmm:

gigglesnlol
23rd May 2005, 16:45
duno bout charging for medication but some paxs reli do abuse the free medication on board. Think some treat it as an opportunity to stock up their supplies!

flybywire
23rd May 2005, 17:46
While I don't think it will ever be ethically acceptable to charge passengers for medication, I do agree that some people seem to wait to board the plane to ask for headache remedies, travel sickness tablets for very young kids etc.....They tend to take advantage of you despite most of them have just spent two hours in the terminal where there's usually a boots shop at every corner, and paracetamol is on sale for £0.23!!!

It's a weird world :rolleyes:

FBW:)

phiman
24th May 2005, 13:48
The mentioned airline didnt carry medication when i worked for them, not even paracetamol. However i left 3 years ago, so may be different now. Wouldnt surprise me that they charge if they do carry any now.