PDA

View Full Version : IOM extensions

carltoncole
20th May 2005, 21:53
Another day another late finish at EGNS, whilst we all love the overtime, somedays we do like to be home on time, it's starting to get a little old!

Hansol
21st May 2005, 19:27
What will you do if it ever becomes a proper airport, open 24/7 !

carltoncole
21st May 2005, 21:46
Bring a sleeping bag and get some shut eye!!! :ok:

So what if we become 24/7, at least we'll know when we're going home. Having said that, we pretty much know when we're going home at the moment ............ about an hour after normal airport closure waiting for the *deleted on the advice of my lawyer* :E

Hey there
21st May 2005, 22:15
Who's the problem - BA, Emerald, Eastern or Euromanx? Don't tell me in addition to having to lease ad hoc Euro#anx are also having to pay for airport extensions?

True Manxman
21st May 2005, 23:01
Hey there

hit the nail on the head with that one.

Hansol
23rd May 2005, 16:47
Carlton - if you are only going home half an hour after official finishing time you're doing well mate !

skiddyiom
23rd May 2005, 18:23
The day the IOM goes 24/7 will be the day the sea closes in over the top!!! :D

Still, it's something to look forward to. Like airlines using their own equipment, no delays and no lost bags. Ah well, dream on!

Skiddy

carltoncole
24th May 2005, 12:11
Hansol - I think you should read my post again, do beleive I said an hour!! And in fact, the last two times it was an hour and a half!! Oh well, I suppose with all the overtime I'm getting at least I can afford to travel with Eastern Airways :hmm:

Ronaldsway Radar
25th May 2005, 09:53
"Oh well, I suppose with all the overtime I'm getting at least I can afford to travel with Eastern Airways"
:D
Lol, tried to use Easterns 'find cheapest fare' feature to book a ticket from IoM-Birmingham....only to find out there was no cheapest fare!!

Tower Ranger
12th Jun 2005, 09:48
Whatever happened to customer service?

Your EMX001 from EKCH landed at Bhd at 20.25z last night so it would probably have been on the ground by 20.00z in IOM. Pity you hadn`t waited fifteen minutes to find out!

Standard Noise
12th Jun 2005, 10:00
Maybe they don't get the same o/t rate as you TR . If they did, they'd want to stay late too!;)

carltoncole
13th Jun 2005, 01:41
TR, i assume from your post that Ronaldsway didn't stay open for the flight to arrive. Care to explain the story further? Any of the guys from EGNS know more about this?
My guess would be that as there are no pax flights between Copenhagen and the IOM then the flight you refer to would have been a positioning flight. If so, it is EGNS airport policy not to extend opening hours ( 05:15z till 19:45z ) for positioning flights