PDA

View Full Version : 'Miracle Cop' - BBCNews.com

+'ve ROC
20th May 2005, 20:27
Has anybody seen the video of the cop that is hit by a hulk of a truck on the Beeb website? Reckons that his gun took the impact.

Force x Area = pressure......wouldnt his gun have made it worse?

Ideas on a postcard

Onan the Clumsy
20th May 2005, 20:32
wouldnt his gun have made it worse? It would have if it had gone off

futurshox
20th May 2005, 20:39
I guess it depends on how he got hit - he mentions his hip - I'd have still thought the gun isn't any softer than the truck though! Lucky guy, anyway.

White Bear
20th May 2005, 20:53
Onan,
Pity the gun didn’t go off and shoot the idiot who lost control of his vehicle on a gentle freeway curve. His excuse was, it was raining!

I must say many Americans do have a problem driving in the rain, especially in the ‘snow belt’ states. Traffic will back up in no time at the slightest threat of rain, yet they will drive like Timo Mackenin (sp?) in the snow and ice.

I put it down to the deep suspicion they have of water falling from the sky directly onto the ground. Although they would never actually voice it, most Midwesterners believe waters natural state is ice, it is unnatural and simply not right to have flowing water on the road. It is therefore treated with solemn misgiving; it is not to be trusted.
Regards,
W.B.

Onan the Clumsy
20th May 2005, 20:56
Pity the gun didn’t go off and shoot the idiot who lost control of his vehicle on a gentle freeway curve If it had, it would have rendered untrue the old saw that "guns don't kill people" ;)

White Bear
20th May 2005, 21:04
One could make the argument that cars are not designed to kill people, but this idiot clearly tried.
W.B.

Onan the Clumsy
20th May 2005, 21:06
One could then further make the observation that it is ironic at best, that a car, although not designed to kill people requires a license to operate and yet a gun, whose function is exactly that purpose, does not.

:8

White Bear
20th May 2005, 21:15
Ah, but:
Although one can own a car without a license to operate it, one cannot ‘operate’ a gun, without a license to own it….
I do take your point though.
W.B.

Onan the Clumsy
20th May 2005, 21:23
Oh wait a minute....How could I miss this one

It's a good job the truck wasn't doing 159 miles an hour

:ok:

or maybe I can't make that point because it wasn't at night with a 'specially trained' truck driver :yuk:

Nopax,thanx
20th May 2005, 21:49
Never mind that.....I'm off to buy a handgun - it could save my life!!!

Farrell
20th May 2005, 22:02
he was lucky.....!

if you look closely, you'll see the the initial impact was taken by the front of stopped vehicle......

if it had hit him straight on there was no way that he'd have survived. gun or no gun, he would have been snapped in two!

i think his fat ass might have had something to do with it too!!

no, but in all seriousness......it's a bloody dangerous job that!

Onan the Clumsy
20th May 2005, 22:04
Gotteth ye a link?