PDA

View Full Version : Thank you PPRUNErs

bigsmelly
20th May 2005, 14:39
Hi all,

I've been lurking around pprune for the best part of four months, reading the Mil forum and trying to learn something.

It looks like it paid off, as I'm going to Dartmouth in June as an Aircrew candidate, so I'd just like to say thanks to you all for the informative discussion. :-)

Thanks especially to those who take an interest in naval aviation, and have posted here. You'll be pleased to know i read the whole of the sea jet thread!!

Bigsmelly

ps... I've also got a question that's been bothering me.
On V-G aircraft (for example the Tornado), do the pylons rotate?
I don't understand how underwing missiles for example can keep pointing into the airstream when you go from swept to straight wing.....

BEagle
20th May 2005, 15:21
Whereas on the Sukhoi Fitter C they didn't and hence were restricted to the non-moving part of the wing.

Very best of luck at BRNC - and on the JSF aboard the future carriers!

airborne_artist
20th May 2005, 16:42
Say hello to Pielander when you get to BRNC, (he started in April) and do make sure you are fit before you arrive, as you will find the militarisation (shocking word) phase that much easier.

Bismark
20th May 2005, 17:33
Best of luck Bigsmelly. You are joining one of the best clubs in the world (assuming you pass!).

Don't forget to get your buddies to join up.

Fly Navy!

PPRuNe Pop
20th May 2005, 17:44
The very best of luck to you. A very wise choice.

Do find 'Rusty Cessna' and tell him to give us a 'fix.' Mind you he must have moved by now :eek:

MrBernoulli
20th May 2005, 19:24
Best of luck in Fish-head land (or should that be 'sea'?). :ok: