PDA

View Full Version : B757 Air Atlanta Europe Moving To Excel Aoc

Paul Rice
20th May 2005, 10:37
Air Atlanta Europe's B757s are being placed on the Excel Airways AOC, in order for the CAA to allow them to change from TF to G Register.

The B767s are also going to join the Excel AOC in circa 6 months time.

These means that AAE crews are going to be asked to volunteer to join Excel Airways at some point in the immediate future.

A kind request to anyone in the know about these things to post replies as to the level of threat this might represent to both the jobs of the permanent pilots, temporary pilots and contract pilots at AAE and also a plea to find out what impact this could have on our terms of conditions of employment.

BeforeStart
20th May 2005, 16:57
Any idea about what will happen to the "old" Islandsflug 737 operation? Will the 737´s move to Excel as well?

Seymour Skinner
23rd May 2005, 12:17
What is the "package" at Excel? I'm told the basic pay is a bit lower than AAE but surely the T&Cs are better? (They couldn't really be worse). What's the SA rate? Pension? Loss of licence insurance? Private healthcare? Is there a seniority list? Is there a scheduling agreement? If these things are in place it could easily make up the shortfall.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Paul Rice
23rd May 2005, 12:50
Air Atlanta Europe basic salaries for FOs and Capts start at a higher level then Excels but do not have any incremental points which in the long term make the Excel basics better.

Excel pension is thought to be 7.5% company contribution compared to AAE's 5% company contribution. Dont know much about duty pay comparison although Day Off Payments at Excel much better than at AAE.

Excel has BALPA representation while AAE does not.

My worry at present is that some Excel pilots may be training on the 757/767 and instead of being transfered from AAE to Excel when the aeroplanes change from the AAE AOC to Excel that a potential redundancy situation may develop for AAE core crews. TUPE protection of no use if a redundancy situation developed.

While that may be far fetched and an over pessimistic view we are currently not getting any news on whats happening from the company and my gut tells me if it was good news they would be broadcasting it and milking it for what its worth and if it was bad they would stay very secret squirel as they are right now.

Any one got a roster for June or are we going to wait till the 27th again for that !!!!

Seymour Skinner
23rd May 2005, 17:11
Just had a look at Excel's pay on PPJN. If it's correct then I can't see how the increments can make Excel's basic pay better in the long run. According to PPJN, the Capts top salary is still £2,000 less than an AAE Capts starting salary. Incidentally, what is the day off payment rate at Excel?