PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian airways

lovis9
20th May 2005, 08:11
Hi all!

I got an e mail from Nigerian aiways limited asking me my licences ecc.
I send everything one week ago,

Do you know something about this company??

All your suggestions will be well appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Lovi.:sad:

gen3
20th May 2005, 08:49
:confused:

lovis,
did you say Nigerian Airways????:confused: far as i know, there's no airline registered under this name anymore. died out years ago! :sad:

:) anyways, there's a new one coming up which is now known as Virgin-Nigeria Airways!

hope you haven't been had on a 419...:{ :E

best of luck!

BUSHJEPPY
20th May 2005, 10:20
Lovis,

I hope you didn't give any of your bank account number. If so, I would be careful and have it blocked asap.

ZAZOO
20th May 2005, 14:38
:* HERE WE GO AGAIN :*

CHECK IT OUT .... HE GOT AN EMAIL FROM NIGERIA AIRWAYS TO SEND HIS CV :eek: SO HE SENDS HIS CV AND WAITS :zzz:

HE NEVER HEARD OF THE AIRLINE BEFORE, HE DID NOT EVEN APPLY TO THEM ON HIS OWN BEFORE....GUESS WHAT HE GOT AN EMAIL OUT OF THE BLUE :ooh: :ooh: DID NOT EVEN CONSIDER DOING A SMALL SEARCH ON THE SO CALLED '' NIGERIA '' AIRWAYS

SOME PILOT YOU ARE:suspect:

:rolleyes: YAAwwwwwnnnnnn....:rolleyes:

lovis9
20th May 2005, 15:36
Hi guys!!

Thanks, well they asked me to send them my licences, no boanck account of course, the term Nigeria spack by itself...... but I send them my licences, I guess it is Virgin nigeria, they operate 747 ,from the web site, I could not find any adress from the web, cause it is written in English........

I'll see if I get some replyes or not...

thanks!

Lovi.

gen3
20th May 2005, 15:42
:{ :{ :{ :{ sorry mate, i guess you've been had :{ :{ :{
VN is certainly not flying B74s outa Naija. like Zazoo said, you didn't even research into this airline, just sent them your stuff....sorry oooooooo! :sad: :sad:

ZAZOO
20th May 2005, 17:32
gen3 did you check the Bellview thing? :)

Any feedback what did they say, would like any info you can share bro. Have a friend who is also interested.

Zazoo

PS: CHECKOUT THE BELLVIEW 767 THREAD ;)

Metro man
20th May 2005, 22:21
Your licence has probably been falsified by now, and being used illegally. Probably worth informing you CAA in case anyone checks up. ie your licence is faked, but shows up as genuine and is then used to obtain a new licence in another country.

Or it is used as identification for fraud purposes. Inform the police as well.

gen3
21st May 2005, 11:25
Yes, Zazoo, sent them an email and waiting for the response...will let you know if anything comes up. thanks again. :ok:

lovis9
21st May 2005, 14:53
The E mail I got , dated 11th May, was mentioning Nigerian airways limited,
I send my CV in IKEJA LAGOS airways house ,
The e mail is: [email protected]

I did nor get ny feed back,
the website does not exist, a part from and old photo at: www.afrikaintouch.dk

Chet it out!

alexmcfire
21st May 2005, 18:56
mail15.com seem to have a bad reputation, I do remember someone that was posting on a diamond homepage, claiming
to be professional and everything, then asked buyers to send
email to a hotmail.com account!

Cessnafan
21st May 2005, 20:14
what do you expect, undoubtdly a bunch of con artists from Nigeria, thats what Nigerians are like!

ZAZOO
22nd May 2005, 13:09
QUOTE...
what do you expect, undoubtdly a bunch of con artists from Nigeria, thats what Nigerians are like!

Coming on pprune and making such statements is totally unacceptable cessnafan !

What are you trying to insinuate here, by thats what Nigerians are like. You hide behind your computer and with a new registration on pprune abuse a 100million or more people of being criminals, are you out of your freaking mind. Do you have any clue of what you are saying or maybe you just had a few drinks and felt like being rude.

Watch your F..K mouth .

And if you want to get this going, well fine by me the MODERATORS did not seem to mind your post, damn it.

Zazoo The ConMan from Nigeria :*

Engine Noise
22nd May 2005, 13:46
Cessnafan, one thing about nigerians is that they are not cowards like you.

BALEWA
22nd May 2005, 15:16
ROCKSTEADY COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN BY THE STATEMENT BELOW, OR YOU HAVING THAT DRINK WITH CESSNAFAN TOO!

QUOTE:
Why are Nigerians such con artists....?

MUCH RESPECT ZAZOO:ok:

B

AlternativeProcedure
22nd May 2005, 17:18

Why are Nigerians such con artists....? What happened in Nigeria for them to say F*k it, Im gonna pump everyone on a global level?? I can see it now, the Nigerian Pumps, the Russian Mafia, the Chinese Triads, etc etc.

If the two of you are so confident in what you are saying, why dont you both tell us the countries you're from, when we start to find the few bad eggs from your countries, you can tell me if it is fair to paint the whole populations from ur respective countries as being like those bad eggs. I cant believe the arrogance of certain twats on this pprune. The hatred, racism and venom you guys(and I dont just mean the two of you, I'm reffering to the bunch of idiots who constantly look down on black Africans on these forums) spit out is certainly an indication of the up bringing u all had.

Another ConMan from Nigeria

gen3
22nd May 2005, 21:39
:sad: Cessnafan, Rocksteady, I honestly don't think that you guys are being fair here....you just can't bunch up all the nationals in one country and describe them by what a few people do. I'm pretty sure that there are bad chaps in every country and in yours too. I don't think you would all be very happy if you were described as these chaps, or perhaps, you are already among them? Let's be fair in our comments. We have all worked very hard to be where we are today, so some respect is necessary here.

Big Ups to the Naija crew!!:ok:

Metro man
22nd May 2005, 23:18
Nigeria is infamous for its level of corruption, it consistantly bring up the rear in Transperancy Internationals corruption index http://www.transparency.org/

Also have a look at http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Nigeria ,http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_928.html , http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket%2FXcelerate%2FShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029390590&a=KCountryAdvice&aid=1013618386298

Prehaps this is where people get the idea about Nigerians being con artists from. Sure there are con artists world wide but Nigeria does seem particularly bad in this respect, and how many Nigerians are currently in foreign prisons for drug smuggling ? Last I heard was 20 000, but that was a while ago.

Agreed not all Nigerians engage in fraud, but it's certainly a major problem.

ZAZOO
23rd May 2005, 00:19
QUOTE:

and how many Nigerians are currently in foreign prisons for drug smuggling ? Last I heard was 20 000, but that was a while ago

Metro man you just could not wait to add injury to the whole think I see!!! Now we are the big time drug pushers abi.

All the best and keep up the research I advise you pass your work to the Nigerian Institute for Reseach and Strategic Studies, they might just present you with a prize.

Metro man
23rd May 2005, 04:46
I'm just presenting the facts, and if you find the truth hurts, that can't be helped. Nigeria has certainly earned its bad reputation and, if when you travel you find a Nigerian passport is a red flag to customs and immigration worldwide you know why.

By the way, I have US$20 000 000 sitting in an account, if you let me use you bank account to transfer this I will give you a 30% share. Send me you bank details, copy of your passport and US$5000 for taxes and incidental expenses and I will start things rolling. ;)

poorwanderingwun
23rd May 2005, 06:28
I also believe that a country should not be judged by a few bad examples...but it CAN be judged by how it reacts to those bad examples... If the law enforcement agencies work hard to eradicate the problem and the general population are abhored by criminal activity then that is the sign of a healthy country... I don't know Nigeria so I'll leave that debate to others....

I do know that here in DR Congo the exact opposite is true.... I've never come across a population with so little dignity....Lying, cheating stealing and begging are all considered perfectly acceptable by the majority...

Former dictator Mobutu even encapsulated the principle openly in speeches.... referring to the 14 articles that made up the constitution he added an 'unwritten' 15th Article...Article 'quinze' (french for 15), that a person should do whatever is thought necessary to get what they need... ( he of course as advocate of the proposal set a wonderful example by stealing the treasury before going into exile )....The population have grasped the 'article' with both hands....

APR
23rd May 2005, 08:26
Well, if the South African President can generalise about white South African males, then I guess we're all entitled to generalise about each other

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd May 2005, 08:45
APR

The SA pres is an @rse. Let's not lower ourselves to his level by generalising.

Unless you're talking about politicians, in which case it's OK to generalise...

HappyPilot
23rd May 2005, 12:54
Well, if the South African President can generalise about white South African males, then I guess we're all entitled to generalise about each other

please tell me this is a big joke, politicians talk left right and centre and it is down to you to either absorb what they are saying or not. Is it Ok, for me to say that CERTAIN south african whites were racist in the past, therefore all south african whites are racist? You simply cannot come on a forum like this and show such a lack of sensitivity and ignorance towards a group of people. You do not know every single Nigerian, therefore you cannot say that about every single Nigerian. So do us all a favour, keep ur stupidness and Bigotry out of this place, bcos as the names suggest PPRUNE is a PROFESSIONAL Pilots Rumour network

APR
26th May 2005, 08:10
What a load of trash.......ummmmm.........YEAH!

It was just a bit of a dig at our great leader!