PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream IV video

silo
20th May 2005, 05:10
Repositioning flight from Van Nuys to Long Beach, California.
If you've got a chance I'd love an opinion on the video and the editing.
Thank you.

Click Here (http://www.tapetodigital.com/videos/G4.wmv)

Link not valid. Use the ones on the second page of this topic instead.

fleigle
20th May 2005, 05:21
Silo,
Its taking a hell of a long time to load.
Are you based in VNY?, my son lives there and is based in BUR.
You can PM me if you want.
f

tinpis
20th May 2005, 06:00
:* bet the flight was shorter than the download.

fleigle
20th May 2005, 06:04
tinpis
You are probably right there, although waiting for the clearance might take the same length of time.:rolleyes:

silo
20th May 2005, 06:22
Ops, server overload...
Any idea where I can put a 95MB file to speed up downloads? There are at least 50 people trying to download it at the same time on a 768kbps.
Hi fleigle, the company is based in KVNY. I'm just a lucky "soon-to-be-flight-instructor" with an old camera.

fleigle
20th May 2005, 13:32
Silo
Morning.
The video is great but REALLY a huge download, it must have taken me over an hour last night, I can see why there was a server overload.
My preference would be to lose the music (good fit that it was) and lets hear the cockpit chatter, ATC, traffic warning, etc..
PM me please re: your CFI.
Cheers, f

silo
20th May 2005, 16:39
Morning fleigle, thank you for your time.

That's actually one of the things I wasn't sure about so I tried to put the music low enough so that you could still hear the comms, onboard sounds, etc...
I guess I'll just remove it completely before the take off and from there on....
I tried to PM you but here's what I got:

"fleigle has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

I think you need to change your settings in user cp (control panel) because right now you have pm disabled.

silo
20th May 2005, 22:57
Anybody else was able to watch the video? Any comments? I won't get offended, don't worry!

fleigle
20th May 2005, 23:39
Silo,
Hmmmm, wonder what I didn't do right, will go in there and "fiddle" with it, try me again in a few.
Thanks.
f

OK. now adjusted my parameters, hitched up me shorts and girded me loins....fire away!!! (16:43 PT)

silo
21st May 2005, 00:20
Silo,

Look in your inbox...

Davaar
21st May 2005, 00:43
Silo, I've tried it three times now, but life is too short to wait any longer.

silo
21st May 2005, 00:45
Thank you for the effort Davaar. I knew the slow download could be the reason and now at least I have a confirmation.
I could make the file smaller but then forget about the quality...
Let me see...

I'm trying with a different compression setting, still wmv. It should be shrinking the file down to around 30MB and hopefully still retaining acceptable quality. I'll post the link when it's ready (approx 20 min.)

Here we go (http://www.tapetodigital.com/videos/G4.wmv) (33.5MB Medium Quality)

Link not valid. Use the ones on the second page of this topic instead.

eastern wiseguy
21st May 2005, 06:25
I enjoyed it ..even if it did take ages to download .One criticism is lose the music ...most here want to look at the aircraft...other than that pretty good:ok:

BRL
21st May 2005, 09:58
I am getting a download speed of around 8 to 10 KB/s. At the moment it is fluctuating around 6/7.

Other downloads are ausually around 118.0 give or take a few so why is this so bad? I have 1mb broadband, I couldn't imagine it on dial up :uhoh: :uhoh:

Why is it so slow?

CarltonBrowne the FO
21st May 2005, 11:43
I am just guessing here, I'm on a friend's computer so I won't be attempting any large downloads- is silo operating an asynchronous web connection? If so the problem is not the download speed, but the speed at which the file is uploaded from his computer.

cosworth211
21st May 2005, 12:09
The smaller file downloaded in about 20 minutes.

I enjoyed the video, a nice insight for a jet driver wannabe!

I think leaving the ATC chatter etc was a good idea to give a wannabe an idea of the RT in that particular environment.

Wish a few more pilots would post these insightful videos!

:ok:

fleigle
21st May 2005, 16:24
Silo,
Thanks for the PM's.

..."an idea of the RT in that particular environment."
The Los Angeles area is REALLY busy, those re-positioning flights in a jet must be very interesting.
I liked the voice warnings/info about heights, available runway length, etc.
Thanks silo.
:ok:

SpinSpinSugar
22nd May 2005, 09:52
I can't connect to either link - network timeouts. Is this file still available? I was going to offer to mirror it on a decent (fast) net server.

Cheers, SSS

+'ve ROC
22nd May 2005, 09:59
I was impressed, but I agree that it would be better without the music during the flight - you can only catch bits of the R/T which is kinda frustrating!

Good effort though

silo
22nd May 2005, 16:01
All right...woke up this morning and the server is down. No idea what happened but it won't even turn on! I think it'll stay like that for a while, at least until I calm down and stop cursing! :mad:
The music was removed from the taxi and flight. A big thank you to everybody who downloaded and watched the vid and to everybody who left a comment.
At this point I don't know what to do. Maybe SpinSpin can help?
SpinSpinSugar can you PM me and see if we can work something out?

Thank you.
Silo;)

silo
23rd May 2005, 21:47
Hi all,

thanks to the kindness of SpinSpinSugar the video is back online and can be downloaded in a zip format:

click here (http://www.iainmccarthy.com/PPRuNe/G4Med.zip) (Provided by SpinSpinSugar)

or

Here (http://www.tapetodigital.com/videos/G4Med.wmv) (If you don't mind watching it tomorrow :D )
Actually, if you get lucky, you'll be the only one downloading it from the second link and it'll be faster than usual.

Thanx Spin.

BRL
23rd May 2005, 23:01
That's better. Downloaded it to see how fast it is now and it gave me a 114KB/s speed. :ok:

silo
24th May 2005, 01:24
Well, that's what I call a real server...
Mine just fried under the heavy load!

fleigle
24th May 2005, 01:31
Silo

(just fried under the heavy load)

Hope you get a discount on confuser hardware:E

Thanks for the PM, it is an interesting little airport.
Take care.
f

silo
24th May 2005, 06:27
I was thinking more like conf-used hardware.;)