PDA

View Full Version : Canadian ATPL courses

Tonic Please
20th May 2005, 00:10
Can I find ANYTHING on this after 2 hours of google searches?

Please some advice :O

Dan.

grind king
20th May 2005, 03:30
John Montgomery of Pro IFR offer excellent ATPL courses. They are based in either Vancouver or Victoria and may be reached at 1800 298 7437

Tonic Please
20th May 2005, 11:09
The one in Victoria must be the one upstairs of VFC, right? At CYYJ. I know this as I did the PPL there..

I should have said, but I'm interested in the Toronto/Ontario area. Perhaps a little bit of gabble (few facts) about the C ATPL(A) from a kind poster?

hibypassratio
20th May 2005, 16:04
Most schools in Canada don't offer an ATPL course. It's generally self study.

Aerocourse does do seminar courses in amjor centres around the country. They are based in Toronto or Mississauga.

If you go self study route, I recommend the Culhane ATPl ground school book with the Aerocourse exam book. Too many errors in Culhanes exam books. Even if you attend an Aerocourse seminar, you better have been in the books for a while. If you haven't dtudied a lick, chances are you won't be exam ready just by attending the seminar.

If your in the TO area, either Aviation World or the Prop Shop would have the books. I think you can Also find Culhane and Aerocourse on-line.

www.acceleratedaviation.com
www.aerocourse.com (?)

jurassic
8th Jun 2005, 15:19
I would highly recommend Aerocourse. I did my ATPL course with them several years ago. I got very good results on the exams. I have dealt with them recently in setting up training for foreign pilots. They have been very professional, well prepared and have had an extremely good success rate. I honestly cannot think of a better way to prepare for the ATPL exams.
I have no connection with Aerocourse other than being a client/student.

click
8th Jun 2005, 20:10
Same as jurassic. Did mine a looong time ago with them in a weekend cram jam at a local hotel. Excellent instructors, well spent money. Would recommend Aerocourse to anyone.

click

oldebloke
10th Jun 2005, 22:42
As has been mentioned try www.proifr.com on the west coast,at sunny Boundary Bay....Comprehensive ATR tutorials prior to writing the exams...:ok:

Capt. Manuvar
17th Jun 2005, 18:12
From what i gather the requirements of the ATPL are
1. SARON
2. SAMRA
3. INRAT
4. Complete a MEIR flight test
I hold a CPL Multi IFR, does this mean i only have to write SARON and SAMRA?
thanks

Looking4higher
5th Jul 2005, 02:30
Hands down I would and did go with AEROCOURSE. I have seen both the PRO IFR and AEROCOURSE and would still go with AEROCOURSE. They offer weekend coures accross Canada taught by Airline/Corporate/Military pilots in industry. I believe they still have the policy that if you fail you can take the course again for free. Check out their website. Good luck!

JoeCo
17th Jul 2005, 17:12
L4H,

All correct. Fail and you can resit the course but I do think that there is a 50% charge? Details to be found on the website. Ni info on PROIFR but I can recommend AeroCourse. Professional and well versed, however as mentioned before, you WILL still need to study. Before or after, doesn't matter, point is that they do not spoon feed you. Only complaint about AeroCourse is that they cover such a large country that you had better check dates ahead of time because their courses can be few are far between. Long story short, money well spent.

Tonic Please
17th Jul 2005, 17:17
guys thanks for the replies...and sorry for the delay. Ill check out the sites. Currently in the saving mode at the mo teaching jazz and english.

Will report soon :)