PDA

View Full Version : Crimewatch

pilotwolf
19th May 2005, 16:13
I didn't/don't watch the programme but....

The news today has been about the new leads - 2 in particular - in the stabbing of the woman in Surrey. This attack has been headline news for ages yet it takes a programme like this to 'remind' people that they saw or may have seen something suspicious....

Have they REALLY only just realised what they saw or is it the TV 'glamour appeal' that makes them come forward?

I appreciate that some people may have been abroad etc but always seems odd to me... maybe I m too cynical.

PW

Gainesy
19th May 2005, 16:17
I thought that too. Cop on radio said as a result of the programme they had a lead from an eyewitness who was only a few hundred yards away. Made me wonder what the guy had been doing about it for the last month.:confused:

Maude Charlee
19th May 2005, 16:56
I'll bet the witnesses are dotty old biddies. Probably only just realised it was their village that's been featured on the news for the last month. :rolleyes:

Gouabafla
19th May 2005, 18:41
I think these programmes rely on the fact that memory is mainly visual. Endless reference to the event by talking heads on the TV or radio may not trigger a recollection, but a thirty second reconstruction of the crime could do just that. Seems strange to me, too, but it happens so frequently that there has to be something in it.