PDA

View Full Version : starting a fractional ownership company in Ontario Eastern Canada

kloe
19th May 2005, 15:01
Has anybody attempted or can give ideas and suggestions on starting a fractional ownership company in Ontario, Eastern Canada using a light jet. Are there alot of struggling points with Transport Canada and does anybody think that something like this can work In Ontario, Eastern Canada. There is an operator in Alberta that does this but unsure how well they are doing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kloe

slowstream
19th May 2005, 16:22
Yeah the Alberta operator is doing well, they seem to be growing every year, I've known a few of their pilots though and although they paid well and treated somewhat alright the bottom line is they are hardly ever home! When push came to shove and one of them needed personal time for a very sad and valid reason they gave him no option but to leave. They also have an Ontario operation, not exactly sure how its doing but the idea is a solid one.

fougapilot
20th May 2005, 03:44
Kloe,

As far as TC is concerned, the best way to approach it would simply be to run the airplanes on a commercial certificate. That way, there is no way anyone can get their a** nailed if something ever happen. Plus, the difference between private and commercial in Canada is not as big as in the USA.

D

FFP
24th May 2005, 12:08
Kloe

I've thought about setting up a small operation in Ontario. As I'm in the UK at the moment, it would be a while before I could do it, but it's something I reckon could be done. If it's in the Niagara area you are thinking of, PM me. Could be the same idea . . .