PDA

View Full Version : airport security

jem star
19th May 2005, 09:16
Hello there,

Have recently spent quite a bit of time at fraggle rock airport and have noticed that the staff at securicor seem to dominate operations ie: winge when they have to work late on extensions, winge if pilots blink the wrong way plus one day they search you properly the next they dont bother very complacent and very inconsistant, worse than blackpool!

Anybody else found this at either ronaldsway or anywhere else?

Jem star

noodnik
19th May 2005, 09:57
On the other hand I travel to Belfast a lot and I must say the ICTS Staff there are wonderful.

jem star
19th May 2005, 10:52
noodnik would agree with you on Belfast, maybe because of the situation there they are always on the ball.

Shame the rock couldnt be similar. Am going to be based on the Island soon, maybe it will improve with time and proper training, or maybe its just the way of manx life

Jem Star

No_Speed_Restriction
19th May 2005, 11:45
At the end of the day, we all must give in to the fact that there is no such thing as %100 security. To be honest, I wish that it was close to %50.The problem is that as flight crew, we tend to notice what the possible gaps are in security.Not good :confused:

Noodnik, letsa'ari ein tshuva

This is a crisis
19th May 2005, 12:12
Security staff are always in a no-win situation. If they do their job properly and strictly according to the rules they get accused of being jobs worths, if they are more laid back they are the in the wrong too!!

If you have noticed some serious flaws in Security at the rock I suggest you maybe put them in writing to the Customer Services Manager. In fact I would go as far as saying you have a duty too.

caa19
19th May 2005, 22:00
passing through MAN not long ago (crew channel as was on airside visit) and a middle aged woman had a pair of pink furry handcuffs removed very ceremoniously by securicor and they were loving it! we held up the pax channel just to watch... there are some perks to the job!!!

eastern wiseguy
20th May 2005, 07:12
very ceremoniously by securicor and they were loving it

The sort of thing that ticks people off.I expect she had them for her own use (!!) and had no intention of using them to commit a felony HOWEVER they are probably "illegal" in aviation terms. My point is,though,was there a need to be so (if your post is to be taken at face value) demeaning to the pax involved? That would pi$$ me off big time!!

skiddyiom
20th May 2005, 07:44
Security on the rock is patchy, however, the reason may have something to do with the long shifts and low pay rather than anything else.

I would think a look at the shift pattern and employ more staff for busy times would improve the situation.

The airport is expanding flight-wise faster than the infrastructure can cope. Perhaps it is time the Airport Board had a long look at operations and started to talk to both airlines and passengers instead of treating it as just another money making machine.

skiddy

Ronaldsway Radar
20th May 2005, 12:34
The security at Ronaldsway might not be the quickest and efficient, BUT there are some of them who have been there a long time, and know the kind of activity that goes on there, ie. they can easily pick out the spotters, the pax, staff, and most important they should easily be able to pick out anybody acting suspiciously.
If you spend long enough at the airport you notice that they are always wide awake and have eyes like a hawk.

You might not believe it at first but they do a great job.
I think there is a few new security officers there, so they may be getting training... not sure.
:D
RR

Cheers Buddy
20th May 2005, 21:54
Flew out of Ronaldsway last week and I thought the security was spot on. Much better than certain UK airports I must say.