PDA

View Full Version : MAM's offered Perm Perth Base

GalleyHag
19th May 2005, 04:26
Qantas has been contacting successful MAM casuals today for permanent short haul positions based in Perth. This is good news considering the last time permanent positions were offered was back in 2003.

H_Girl
19th May 2005, 04:59
it just may be a time factor. The casuals are already trained and would be able to start right away.

H_Girl
19th May 2005, 05:10
Hi Marsha, sorry you missed out.
:sad:

Was your letter specific to whether they would offer ANY position or was it just L/H?

GalleyHag
19th May 2005, 05:11
110% sure. You should contact HR and find out whats going on, it may very well be a timing issue but I doubt these new recruits will be given a start date before 1 July. The two girls I was with today were advised they had to come back to Qantas by next tuesday with their response and start dates would be given at that time.

Cart_tart
19th May 2005, 05:50
Don't believe everything QF tells you Marsha!
I was on that bloody shortlist for nearly 2 yrs. Then they got rid of us but told us the next time they recruit they would get in contact with us first and give us a heads up!
HA what a laugh! They've recruited a few times now and not one of us has received any information!
I'm over wanting to work for them now. I'm happy flying regional where i'm perm full time, earn good money and have a life!
If you want a perm job try NJS. New a/c arriving (717's) in the next month or so and we're gonna need more crew.
Go to www.nationaljet.com.au for app form.

cartexchange
19th May 2005, 05:54
true, dont believe anything QF tells you as they havent got a clue themselves.

GalleyHag
19th May 2005, 10:58
marsha

Received this notice this afternoon from the FAAA Domestic/Regional Division:

FAAA NEWS

19 May, 2005 QF12-05

Attention All Qantas Flight Attendants

PLANNED SHORT HAUL RECRUITMENT

As members are aware your Association has been pressing the Company to increase the full time Short Haul establishment since September 2004.

We are pleased to advise that in a letter from the Company, dated 16 May, 2005 we were advised as follows:

* 23 positions will be transferring from Long Haul into Perth Short Haul commencing their training on 1 July 2005.

* 32 MAM casuals will also be offered an opportunity to take up permanent positions in the Perth Base, also with a start date of 1 July, 2005.

* The Company is planning to move 50 Short Haul flight attendants to Long Haul, commencing November 2005. While we note and understand that there is clearly an argument for movement from Short Haul to Long Haul earlier than November, consideration needed to be given to the current shortage in our Division.

However, the Association has already advised the Company that these 50 are for the financial year ending 2005, so we can argue for further movement in the first six months of 2006.

* The Company also acknowledges that they will now need to offer some Career Progression opportunities, but have indicated they wish to talk to the Association about the time frame and the process in this regard.

west coast girl
19th May 2005, 12:01
doesn't anyone give a **** about the future of the perth long haul base??
is the faaa just going to sit by and watch it disappear?
perth is now being flooded by MAM casuals who will effectively take over ALL THE L/H & S/H flying out of that base.
that is a real net loss of L/H flying for everyone.
the faaa doesn't give a damn and is colluding in the destruction of this L/H base. it is a disgrace.
the LHR base is the least of L/H problems.
every day the erosion of L/H flying is becoming a fact. re AO EBA

the faaa has lost all control over this process.
it should admit as much rather than pretending everything is peachy.
the loyal faaa members of perth have been sold out by the SYD based union.

cartexchange
19th May 2005, 22:28
bye bye Perth,
Youre in LHR at the moment worry about that as its the next to go! jeez WCG you seem to jinx every base that you go to, please don't come to MEL. and stay away from BNE.
You have distorted views.
Bye bye PER, and good riddance LHR