PDA

View Full Version : Printing Problem

homesick rae
19th May 2005, 02:01
Have an HP 1350 all in one and for some strange reason today it has been giving me problems.

It is queueing the print jobs and prints them on reboot only!!??

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and done every other troubleshoot I can think of and been instructed to do.

I have recently installed Print Works 2005 and the problem APPEARS to stem from there? I keep getting instructions on how to print two sides, even though I have checked off that option in the properties...

Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance people.

Cheers

HR

OX-27
19th May 2005, 07:38
If running XP, it's probably worth doing a system restore to a date prior to installing the Print Works software.
Then re-install the printer drivers.

Tonic Please
19th May 2005, 12:46
Hi there. Here we go...

The general solution steps below will correct a majority of printing problems. Perform the steps below before proceeding to the more advanced steps:

Restart the computer. During startup, if you see a message about unfinished print jobs, select the option to discard or cancel the print jobs. In Windows 2000 and XP, login as an administrator.

Verify that the all-in-one is working correctly by following these steps:

Turn off the all-in-one and unplug the power cord. Wait five seconds and then plug in and turn on the all-in-one.
Make a copy from the front panel of the all-in-one.

If the all-in-one makes an accurate copy of the document, the all-in-one is working correctly. Continue to the next step.

If the all-in-one did not make a copy, check the front panel display or lights for errors. Correct any error condition that exists.

Disconnect the communications cable (USB or parallel) from the computer and the all-in-one. Check the cable for bent pins, pinched sections, kinks, or smashed sections. Replace the cable if it is damaged.

Reconnect the cable after it has been checked.

Try to print another page.

If the page prints, the problem is corrected and was probably caused by either a print job stuck in the print queue or low Windows system resources. If this is a frequent problem, refer to the document How to Increase System Resources Without Adding RAM (bpu01773) to learn how to increase system resources.

If the page does not print, continue troubleshooting.

Click Start, click Settings, and then click Printers (in Microsoft® Windows XP, click Start and then click Printers and Faxes) to open the Printers folder.

Look for the printer icon for the all-in-one. If there is not a printer icon, install the HP all-in-one software. Refer to the Obtaining HP all-in-one software section below to learn how to obtain HP all-in-one software.

Double-click the all-in-one printer icon to open the Print Queue. If there are any print jobs queued, delete or purge them and then close the queue.

Right-click the printer icon (not the fax icon) for the HP all-in-one. Verify that "Work Offline" and "Pause Printing" are not selected. If either is selected, click the option to deselect it. The all-in-one will not print if either of these are selected.

Above is step 1. If nothing works, here is the link to look at step 2 onwards for yourself :)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&product=306888&dlc=en&docname=bpu02550

Good luck.
Dan

homesick rae
19th May 2005, 13:19
Dan,

That is a huge help! Thanks.

Thanks for any other replies.

Cheers

HR

homesick rae
20th May 2005, 03:23
Just to advise, I was advised to stop and restart the print spooler function. This worked but when I switched the PC on later I had to do this again.

It appears I will now have to do this each day!?

Any advice on how to save me from doing this constantly?

Cheers

HR

Tonic Please
20th May 2005, 11:06
If you go back to the link I gave you above, you will be able to navigate through the HP help. They have a very good system which guides you straight to the problem resolution page!

:)