PDA

View Full Version : Emirates forum is back!!!

carrioke
18th May 2005, 16:12
Hi everyone, just noticed that the Emirates specific forum is back..Question is, will it be utilised this time?;)

critical winge
18th May 2005, 16:41
Why use a private forum to hide any truths that future pilot pals would want to decide on before coming here?:hmm:

carrioke
18th May 2005, 16:59
IMHO, maybe there are some in- house topics which people would like to discuss with their colleagues.. although I do agree an open forum is most useful to possible new recruits ;) But sometimes the current staff need a place to discuss things which may be irrelevant to non staff. ;)

bigmountain
18th May 2005, 20:05
Let others be the judge to the relavance ! We have enough "clubs" . Let this forum not turn out to be another.

The more issues discussed out in the open the better and to get a non partisan view may be of some help in arrving at a solution, which may not readily be available through an exclusive emirates forum

bigmountain

helen-damnation
19th May 2005, 09:36
BM,
Speaking of which, I see the FOs are being screwed again with regard to positioning/deadheading. The FCI appears to do away with FOs traveling in First Class with the Capt.
Nice to be valued...........NOT.:mad: :mad: :mad:

flybystring
19th May 2005, 09:43
Come on its good CRM, FO travels in a different class to his colleague, sorry that was industry speak, in EK terms his Master.

Bird On
19th May 2005, 10:17
No need to start complaining. Just do your time like everyone else does and the rewards and benefits will come.

Patience young Jedi. :ok:

ratpoison
19th May 2005, 11:47
Haaaahaaaaaa, rewards and benefits from EK. Ohhhhh Haaaaaaa

Vorsicht
19th May 2005, 14:27
helen

I'm all for pointing out when the company is shafting us again, but make sure your facts are right or else it blows the credibility of those trying to get the "word" out to those wanting to come.

The recent FCI on positioning isn't a "screwing". The previous rules were that the Captain was J/F and the F/O was Y/J. Much noise was made at one of those meetings and it was agreed that the F/O would be entitled to the same class of travel as a captain "when he was travelling with the captain". So in other words if he was positioning back from CKG on his own, he could still be stuck in Y class.

The FCI at least ensures he gets J firm. Captains have always been entitled to F on space available basis. I don't think that is unreasonable. Now I would just like to see F/O's entitled to travel J with their kids on ID and ALT's, and I would be reasonably happy with that side of things.

Back to the topic.

Would that be the same forum that you are required to give your name and staff number and Pprune user name to an anonymous entity, who will then authorise you to log into the forum. Little wonder it got sod all use last time. Bit like the rumour buster really. That is proving to be about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Austin Holed
19th May 2005, 15:41
Birdon says "Just do your time like everyone else does"

OK, let's see...while the Boeing commands come racing down the seniority list with the lads stepping out on the line with 4 bars at day number 1095, the Airbus F/Os are facing delays well past three years, plus we have to suffer the trials of putting up with DECs who got their command straight away. Which part of this reflects "Just do your time like everyone else does?" I'd suggest less sanctimonious crap and a little more empathy would result in more favourable replies to your postings.

Bird On
19th May 2005, 17:19
C'mon Lads keep it real, factual and in perspective!!!!

This is boomtown and boomairline here at Emirates.....their is plenty of the good life for everyone and for many years to come.

Just check out the other airline forums and it will make you feel one heck of a lot better....works better than any "chill pill" I'd bet.

Just sleep easy and stop wanting everything yesterday. :ok:

mini cooper
19th May 2005, 17:42
You obviously have great CRM, diplomacy,compassion, empathy with co-workers, ability to listen and understand others situation - NOT

You must be a great laugh to fly with!!!!!!

It is very easy to sit in the LH seat and pontificate about FOs. I bet you have not been in the RH seat recently,hence you would not know what it is like to 'Just do your time like everyone else does and the rewards and benefits will come.' If you have been told you upgrade has been delayed and you are already struggling financially that is a great comfort.

Have you ever thought about becoming a management pilot you certainly have most if not all the attributes!!

helen-damnation
19th May 2005, 18:16
Bird on
You assume I am in the right hand seat :sad:
Why should'nt my colleague and crew member sit in the same class as me?:confused:

Vorsicht
The recent FCI on positioning isn't a "screwing".
Depends on your point of view.:ok:
I agree that the FCI now confirms J, but why have they done away with the entitlement to travel in First?
Is an FO suddenly less valuable on the flight deck?
Is he worth less when the S:mad: :mad:T hits the fan?
Positioning/deadheading is at the behest of the company and is indelibly linked to flight safety. Why, therefore, should a First Officer not benefit from the enhanced rest and comfort of first class which would benefit the company and the individual, regardless of whether travelling as a crew or alone?

The addition of the 'travel in the same class' was seen as a step in the right direction by many. To recind it now sends the message that the FOs are again worth less and gives the impression that the company don't care.:{ Surprise :mad:

I totally agree about the non duty travel.

H-D

Vorsicht
19th May 2005, 18:27
As far as i know, F/O's never had an entitlement to travel first. But it appears they do now if the rest period is compromised.

No matter how I look at this, it appears to be an improvement to me.

One thing i have learnt here is that things changing to our benefit are rare, so embrace it, be happy we got something and move on to other more important issues..

soompak
20th May 2005, 23:22
If Emirates forum is back, do you need to register and a get password to look at the forum. If yes, how to obtain and do you have to be an EK staff ?

mutt
21st May 2005, 03:48
Soompak,

Pprune has a number of airline specific private forums, access is only for employees of that specific airline. :)

Mutt.

Trashed Aviator
21st May 2005, 04:10
Its all true ,
The truth is not meant to be out there.
Ill try and make up some lies for the forum..................:O

paddy_22002
24th May 2005, 16:24
Sorry for the thread creep.
I'm heading out to Dubai on a 4 day trip from the UK tomorrow. I believe there are a few EK guys into kitesurfing. One or two ex CX like myself. Anyone got any contacts?
Thanks.
G

Uplink
25th May 2005, 03:03
Much talking was done with ref to F/O's travelling with capts in First. But that is all it was......talking. There has never been any documentation to say that this could happen. I travelled back from a destination a while ago in First and the F/O was not upgraded. This seems to be brought up time and time again.

I think I am right in saying this was discussed with the bosses at the last meeting we all had. It was however only mouth music. The only way the F/O can be upgraded is for the purser to become sympathetic. The one improvemnt I can see is for both Capt and F/O to be firm seat business with Capt upgradeable to First. Have colleagues who are in SQ and I think I am right in saying they have quite often positioned in Economy.

Vorsicht
25th May 2005, 04:47
Uplink is right.
The outcome at the meeting was that the only change was that the F/O would be able to travel the same class as the captain ONLY when accompanied by the captain, but it was never published. So although the F/O is not entitled to F, the FCI is definitely and improvement on previous.

EZGOEK330FO
25th May 2005, 05:09
Guys, if you check the last ammendment to the FOM you will see that it says clearly that the FO and Captain will travel together in the same class when on duty if traveling together, with no ifs and or buts. It is in the manuals on all the aircraft and on the CD revision we all got. Further to that they realized they made a mistake and they issued the FCI clearly stating the opposite from what was published. An issue came up down route and they realized their mistake and then changed it. It was almost an improvement, but then they did what they do best...
Keep Discovering

helen-damnation
25th May 2005, 20:30
Like I said - Scr:mad: :mad: :mad: d :*

Bird On
26th May 2005, 09:08
So Emirates Business class is just not good enough for some.

Always a couple of prima donna F/O's who are just never happy with anything, anywhere.

At least the vast majority just knuckle down and get on with doing a great job holding their poor dear 'ol Captains hands, through thick and thin, knowing full well that all good things come to those that are patient.

Unlike most places things are moving along so well at Emirates that the rewards for that bit of patience are coming along real fast.

Just relax and enjoy. :ok:

helen-damnation
27th May 2005, 16:56
Bird on,

It's not the seat, it's the BIG picture!
It's one more thing to add to the list of C:mad: :mad: P that the
P:mad: :mad: s poor man mis-management have done to.......

F:mad: :mad: :mad: it, if you haven't spotted that by now you never will!

Guess we will have to disagree.
I'm out.
H-D