PDA

View Full Version : British Mediterranean recruitment - Min hours?

ATRflyer
18th May 2005, 15:26
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows from previous recruitment at BMED whether the 1500hrs total time on ppjn is a strict limit, for someone non type rated on the airbus?

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has had an interview with them in the past, for information on what is was like, etc.

Many thanks,
Best regards,

Atrflyer

arpansingla
18th May 2005, 15:33
I dont know how relevant this is to you as your situation maybe a little different but a guy i know from who graduated from the APP oxford scheme got a job with them with around the standard 200 hours. Shows they dont really need the 1500 ppjn states.

18th May 2005, 15:54
It's down to the needs and availability at the time of recruiting. They really do use the 1500hrs as a yardstick though and military experience/jet rating are favoured but occasionally chaps are recruited without these.

Generally trying to get a mix of backgrounds. However, so far of all the pilots recruited only one has been taken directly from a flight school. I think they are still receiving plenty of 1500+hrs applicants so do make sure that your CV is finely polished.

Remember though, if you don't enter you can't win!!

Good luck:ok:

ATRflyer
20th May 2005, 12:59
Many thanks for the info arpansingla and 7373.

All the best,
Atrflyer