PDA

View Full Version : Chav Towns

topcat450
18th May 2005, 11:58
Is your town listed at Chav Towns? (http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=Stories_Archive&sa=show_all)

My hometown isn't, however it is funny to see the obvious ones being mentioned. Nuneaton...Huthwaite...Corby..Mansfield... etc

So c'mon is your town listed?

scrubed
18th May 2005, 12:02
It's a whole new class-society out there these days, hey??

Conan the Librarian
18th May 2005, 12:13
Amazed that Swindon isn't in this list, but then I don't live there either, thank God. I nearly ended up having to relocate to a deeeelightful part of the World within the Burnley, Nelson and Colne Triangle. Descriptions on that website tally so well. I can almost close my eyes - and then want to end it all...

Right - lunchbreak over - back on head

Conan

joe2812
18th May 2005, 13:26
Great Yarmouth is... :(

Cudda told you that anyway though...sigh...

ATIS
18th May 2005, 13:32
i thought that London Gatwick would be in the top 3.

Maude Charlee
18th May 2005, 20:02
Anywhere in the North East, but particularly Teesside. Hartlepool should have been mentioned long before the 'Boro, but then again, perhaps the 'Pool is such an extreme example of Chavdom that it deserves a category of its own.

Northallerton chav? Don't think so. Full of little old dears and silly old duffers, and middle class folks in their wax jackets and wellies. Reckon they must have mistaken Tweed for Burberry. :} Now, Ripon and Thirsk on the other hand............

SmilingKnifed
18th May 2005, 21:24
Raised 'twixt Mansfield and Huthwaite. Oh dear!

MadsDad
19th May 2005, 07:28
Born in Mansfield (3.94). Now live near Bridgwater (4.7).

Ooooops.

inca
19th May 2005, 07:37
Based LHR but living in Ramsgate, Kent. Definite Chav Town.

Burberry and track suits galore. Plethora of single teenage mums pushing screaming kids called Keanu or Armarni round the market on a friday morning, smashing into your ankles and then shouting abuse at you as you turn round, wincing in agony!!

Still, I choose to live there though, so can't moan too much.

Wannabe Flyboy
19th May 2005, 07:54
It's nice to see Romford on there at least three times... thank god I don't live there though. :ok:

i thought that London Gatwick would be in the top 3.
The South terminal should be.

Edit; Gibraltar is in there too!

Catt
19th May 2005, 09:57
Ok, so they have Little Chalfont (wall to wall with extremely upper class buggers with more money than is good for them!) but have left Slough out (wall to wall Chavs!!!) :confused:

Slough has to be Chav Central, it's the capital city of Chavness!!! :*

cosworth211
19th May 2005, 12:33
Technically London Gatwick is in the top 3, it is sort of imbetween Redhill and Crawley, which are both listed as Chav towns and rightly so!

Can't understand Brighton myself, I'm just finishing my final exams at Brighton University, Brighton is definately one of the more chav free areas!

1DC
19th May 2005, 12:57
Wonder if the Mam's and Dad's of all these Chav's were the ones who wore the purple shell suits??

Parapunter
19th May 2005, 13:07
You ain't never spent a night up the scoombe or the Hawk then Cosworth:p

chopperchav
19th May 2005, 13:35
Any town with its own greyhound track should qualify.

Blacksheep
20th May 2005, 01:14
I was slightly encouraged (but somewhat amazed) to find that no-where that I ever lived in UK is on that list.

Then I wondered if it was because no-one from my home town of Stockton has worked out how to use the internet yet?

Perhaps not. At least I now understand what the term 'Chav' means. Nothing new. They've been with us for centuries - bring back the gin palaces and the pressgang, that'll keep them off the streets.