PDA

View Full Version : Bristow Australia

kwikenz
18th May 2005, 09:08
Hey all... just got a intro with Bristow Aus... anyone out there give me a heads up re whats required for the interview?

I'm told maths tests, personality tests and an interview. Anyone have anything more specific?

Any info as to what they're like to work for as a long term prospect would also be gratefully recieved.

mustering guru
18th May 2005, 21:25
They will try and physic you out in Perth for the interview, you will need a suit..(what aload of ****)......And basicly its a dead boring job with bugger all flying and ordinary money ....but if thats what you want do it...i wouldnt want to be a co pilot for 5 years!

High Nr
18th May 2005, 22:34
You would not know. As you would not past the tests yourself.

Try not to drag everyone down to your level.

Jetboxer
19th May 2005, 00:12
Mustering Guru, I think you'll find you spell 'Physic' - Psyche, and 'basicly' - 'Basically'.

Kwikenz, Good luck mate! I think you'll find that mustering guru turned up to an interview with Bristow in a pair of jeans, white socks and sandals, got 'physiced' out (as he puts it?!!) and then failed the basic english test. Sounds like he's still a bit wound up about it.

A few colleagues of mine from the UK have spent time on detatchments to Bristow Oz, and always come back with positive comments, but they were still being paid UK salaries while away.

To be honest with you, I dont have much experience with Bristow Oz, but was successful in gaining full CPL/IR Sponsorship with Bristow UK. It was a while back though! If I remember correctly it was a full day of tests, aptitude, problem solving, maths, english, then an interview. The best advice I can give you is to be yourself.

I dont know if the format will be different in Oz, but a suit for an interview in the UK is a 'no-brainer'! Better to be overdressed than under!

Good luck

strickers
19th May 2005, 01:46
Sorry to get off the subject.

Mustering Guru do you have anything nice to say about anything?

You seem to respond to most posts on this forum with negativity. So you have a job or do you just scan this site to run everyone else down?

This is good site to help and inform people not to run down the industry....

Cheer up, enjoy what you do or do something else!

mustering guru
19th May 2005, 02:19
Gee pick on me day!

you guys are funny...i have never ever been for a interview with bristows or even applied for a job there.

I have 4 friends that work there actually and one that used to work there and they all say good things and some not so good.

I beleive too many employers dress jobs up to be better than what they are and considering whats on offer o/seas.

I am not always negative but i think you need to see or hear both sides of opinions from all kinds of ppl.

Kwikenz....a bristow interview goes something like this...and not from experiance my good friend went not so long ago

You will be flown to Perth (awsome women if your single)

You will be put up in a motel room

On the interview day you and all the other hopefulls will be taken to head office and given small exams on different things..ie..maths quizes...blah blah

Then 1 by 1 you will go in front of the panel and they will ask you questions about different stuff again and they will give you scenarios......and you will feel a little intimadated.

But be your self mate answer honestly and practically dont break any regs or rules in your answers no matter what pressure they give and you'll be fine

and another unwritten rule with them if your a high time guy they are not so keen and if your over 31.

Good luck

see i aint such a sour prick!

idiotspotter
19th May 2005, 02:43
mustering guru

you have been spotted!

SMOUFW
19th May 2005, 03:20
MG,
Why didn't you just answer like that the first time around????? Probably would have copped far less attention.

SMO

mustering guru
19th May 2005, 05:46
As my old boss use to say too me.....There is only one thing worse than being talked about and thats not being talked about!

Just having fun guys lighten up!

justanothernumber
19th May 2005, 06:01
and another unwritten rule with them if your a high time guy they are not so keen and if your over 31.

:confused:

Sorry? I've never heard it's a problem with any company to have lots of hours and be over 31 ... are you serious? If you are, what on earth would they have against people fitting that profile? That seems nonsensical.

Oh and MG - NOT being talked about is almost always better in my experience! :ok:

Quick Release
19th May 2005, 08:32
in some defence to Guru...... i did hear the same thing from the horses mouth, my own opinion for what its worth, when an employer needs to knock you back he needs an excuse not to burn you so may be " over qualified" to sit in as a co-ie or maybe its not all about too many hrs, its your over powering confidents and experience would clash with the Captains, How ever a few years later the same guy is now working for them, so go figure. Have yet to go down that road so im reading all your posts and getting what i can from them, Cheers :}

IN2IT
19th May 2005, 09:17
I know that one of the guys they took on at the end of last year was a high time pilot over 40.

The testing takes around 2 hours and has a personality questionnaire, maths / aviation questions and an english comprehension test.

The interview is in front of a panel of 5 and includes questions and a role play.

As for the suit, I don't think that's too much to ask !!!