PDA

View Full Version : Question for the boys!!!!!

tall and tasty
18th May 2005, 08:50
Ok this has been bugging me for ages and now with the endless roadworks that seem to be around, even more traffic jams and I have noticed it more and more.

But guys, why when you are stopped in traffic or just stopped in the car do you place the back of your hand up against your mouth??

Not sure why it intregues, but it does and I have wondered why for ages? It is not just some men, but about 99% of the male population that does it and I just wondered if there was an scientific explanation or just something you do.

Please help me out.

TnT :ok:

Biggles Flies Undone
18th May 2005, 08:56
In my case, it's to muffle the swearing when I just want the rest of the traffics to $%^& off and let me get going! :E

c-bert
18th May 2005, 08:57
Probably as a nipple substitue - but that could just be me... :O

2port
18th May 2005, 08:58
T'n'T,

Because my mouth would be hanging open when your long pins walked past, so I'm hoping it covers up my gawping!!

2P

RiskyRossco
18th May 2005, 09:00
. . . all of the above?

:hmm:

Scumbag O'Riley
18th May 2005, 09:03
First step in a three stage process, next involves a quick look to make sure nobody is watching, then tip of finger moves towards nostril................

Gouabafla
18th May 2005, 09:10
And why do women look at other drivers instead of watching to see when the traffic lights change?:ouch:

scrubed
18th May 2005, 09:35
It's a deception plan.

You are wondering about the back of one hand on the mouth while we are scratching our balls with the other.

Question: Why do women adjust their hair when waiting in traffic?

A slabbapizz for the first correct answer.

Takan Inchovit
18th May 2005, 09:47
My hand does my talking for me. It even sings with the radio but if you knew what it was holding a half hour before that then the back of the hand is the safer option next to the mouth. :E

Flip Flop Flyer
18th May 2005, 09:52
To rest our troubled minds as we battle the thoughts of world peace, fair taxation, civil liberties and so on. What do you do? Try to remember which store has the best offer on a pair of shoes to go with your new handbag/mobile phone combo?

er82
18th May 2005, 11:48
Gouabafla- we look at other drivers for a number of reasons.....

1) to see if any cute guy is looking at us
2) to see if there are any cute guys in the traffic around us that we can have a perve at
3) To test that old theory that men with small penis' have big fast cars as a substitute. Obviously we can't check out the guys manhood, but looking at the type of car he's driving, we can then guess.

Add 3) to 2) and to 1) and we're looking to see if there are any cute guys, looking at us, who most probably have a decent sized piece of 'equipment'......

scrubed
18th May 2005, 11:53
Once you have been enticed by the vivid plumage (chrome and 2pac duco) and discover the dick-size, it's too late BUT:

Men with small penii and fast cars still enjoy their sex and get to drive fast, too.

What's the prob???
:cool:

tall and tasty
18th May 2005, 12:20
Gosh did not realise that so many would respond and some replies gave me the giggles..........

FFFTry to remember which store has the best offer on a pair of shoes to go with your new handbag/mobile phone combo?

I wish I did but no have other things on my mind at the mo.

Nothing wrong with checking out what the other sex is up to in the car is there?

er82 - agree with you there but not so sure about number 3. do know alot of men who have lovely cars and have a great personality etc that goes with it. But on the other hand there are some who fit the bill.

Gouabafla
And why do women look at other drivers instead of watching to see when the traffic lights change?

cos I am a woman and good at multi tasking and like looking a pleasant scenary so combine the two when you have stopped for a moment :p

c-bert interesting you say that someone said that to me a while back and I thought it was a wind up

But love to hear any more
TnT:ok:

Gouabafla
18th May 2005, 13:11
I guess that being a bald middle aged bloke, who tends only to drive around town when acting as a taxi for teenage sons and/or dog, I don't get many admiring second glances.:ugh: Though the dog certainly attracts her fair share of admiring stares.

Onan the Clumsy
18th May 2005, 13:49
At the risk of lowering the tone of this thread, they're probably sniffing :E

speedbirdzerozeroone
18th May 2005, 15:21
Tnt >

When trapped in an enclosed & possibly threatening space with no means of escape waiting for the lights to lights change, we MEN revert to our Neolithic mode creating an apparent feeling of civility and brooding intellectualism….

http://faculty.etsu.edu/kortumr/HUMT2320/earlymodern/htmdescriptionpages/thinker.htm

….which, if you’re me (grrrrrrrrr!!) , having noticed the pretty girl in the car next door very quickly turns to…

http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/rodin/kiss.jpg

001 (the dream maker!)

AirYard
18th May 2005, 15:31
Personally,

I always go for the 3 fingered approach (stay with this, it's clean!)

As I drive left handed car, left elbow resting on window/door.....
left hand thumb under chin, finger next to it, straigh up cheek, and other fingers (index, plus little other 2), resting on pouting lip showing how utterly f***ed off you are.....

Plus you can make silly noise flipping your lip when you get bored:D....

Hmmmm,,,maybe that's why no girl has noticed me in the car :mad:

Jerricho
18th May 2005, 15:35
Why do women adjust their hair when waiting in traffic?

Cause they ain't got balls to scratch or adjust.

Make it VB Scrubby c/o Winnipeg AACC, Winnipeg MB. Ta.

scrubed
18th May 2005, 16:13
The CORRECT answer is "haven't" but I'll accept that.

But I said a slabbapizz not a slabbaginzpizz.....
:}

tall and tasty
18th May 2005, 17:53
speedbirdzerozeroone

Those images now are stuck in my memory and each time I stop at lights since reading that, the secondimage springs to mind......

TnT :O

BRL
18th May 2005, 21:24
But guys, why when you are stopped in traffic or just stopped in the car do you place the back of your hand up against your mouth?? Jesus, I was driving around today and found myself doing it several times!!! No idea why and when I realised I stopped quickly hoping no one was looking thinking the same as you!!!!!!!!!

You would be amazed at how many times I done it... :ooh:

helidecks
19th May 2005, 08:45
Guilty too. Could not give you an answer why.

But now I try not too after reading this thread, just incase I pull along side a car with a lady in it and she happens to be tall and blond with green eyes :ok:

:cool:

mcdhu
19th May 2005, 09:46
It can't be me T&T cause if I'm going to work it's probably dark and if driving home I'm probably asleep at traffic lights!

Cheers,
mcdhu

ATNotts
19th May 2005, 09:53
Having read this thread yesterday I noticed just how many of us do it - me included when I'm not thinking about it.

Totally bizarre!

Where's Dr Desmond Morris when you need him!!

tony draper
19th May 2005, 10:03
Well our hairy ancesters communicated only by gesture and grunts for a couple of million years,come to think they still do in Sunderland.
So sucking your knuckle prolly means something like Herd of Mamoths crossing the trail,so sit still, be patient and pick lops off each other.
:rolleyes:

runningwind
19th May 2005, 18:16
TnT don't you have better things to do than study male habits?

But saying that I find myself doing the action on the way back from work tonight :{ :(

Onan the Clumsy
19th May 2005, 18:39
Where's Dr Desmond Morris when you need him? Catwatching!