PDA

View Full Version : media request

eyeonthesky
18th May 2005, 02:11
I am currently in the process of researching/producing a national radio program for the ABC on QANTAS.

Because this is radio, I am looking for any staff, mainly Cabin Crew, but any frontline workers, willing to be interviewed for the program.

Real names will NOT be used, and no one will be identified by rank, title or location. I would also wecome input from those who want to be heard, but do not wish to be interviewed.

Topics to be covered include claims of low staff morale, erosion of service, current state of resourcing, cost cutting, corner cutting, affect of low-cost Qantas group carriers on mainline, use of casuals, short term contracts, international crew bases, particularly LHR, general grievances - and of course, any positive input.

In the past 12 months on this forum, I have often come across criticism of the slant some media apply to stories, or that the media is out to "crucify" Qantas...

Yes, there are some in the media, usually from the lower end of the market, who place a specific slant on a story for their own ends, because it's convenient or just for the sake of sensationalism.

I can guarantee that this program will give a fair, balanced and unbiased view of the issues.

This is NOT about bashing Qantas, it is about exposing some of the problems facing staff and the airline industry generally. It will hear the views of both staff and management.

You also have my pledge that all sources will remain strictly confidential.

So, this is your chance to take part in a national forum, on a highly regarded ABC radio current affairs program - and raise the issues important to you. Please feel free to ask questions or contact me on this forum, by personal message or email

That's the offer - it's up to you.

Regards ... eyeonthesky

H_Girl
19th May 2005, 02:46
Perhaps we should be given your name first. How are we to know who we are speaking to.:hmm: