PDA

View Full Version : Kylie

Richard Taylor
17th May 2005, 07:14
La Minogue just been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Aus tour cancelled,also Glasto apprearance.

Bit of a shock,I guess this disease knows no bounds.

Thankfully caught early,so hopefully can be treated successfully.

Good luck Kylie,you have turned into a superb artist/entertainer.

(I have all her NEIGHBOURS videos :ok: )

Parapunter
17th May 2005, 07:23
Not nice scrubed. I wouldn't wish that disease on anyone:(

IFTB
17th May 2005, 07:46
Up to scrubed "the professional pilot" usual standard.

X-QUORK
17th May 2005, 08:07
A horrible disease and one that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy...good luck Kylie.

Scrubed, you need to grow up a little mate...

Wingswinger
17th May 2005, 08:20
I agree. We know all about this cruellest of diseases in our family. It is not a joking matter.

feet dry
17th May 2005, 08:53
If I may,

Congrats Scrubed, that has to be one of the sickest things I have read on these hallowed pages. Worse part is it was not even funny.

got caught
17th May 2005, 08:53
Good luck Kylie,

what was once a bloody terrible disease, which left a lot of young families alone and in despair, is, at last, responding well to the latest treatments, and hopefully Kylie's progression through the next few months and years, may provide some awareness and enlightenment to those living in ignorance.

Or those too afraid to admit it....like the guy who posted Slim pickin's.....

tall and tasty
17th May 2005, 08:54
Sympathise with her here. The worse is waiting for the test results. With the good old NHS that takes 6 weeks and unfortunately with this disease time is of the essance. It is the time when everything goes through your head including what happens to the kids if the outcome is not what you want and all the treatment!! How do you tell them etc. I was lucky and I am so greatful for that.

Thank god it has been caught early with her and as it has been said it cancer takes no bounds. Poor Karen Keeting for example who carried on her public life with few knowing what she was going through.

I just hope the gov keeps its promises and makes sure others get the best treatment for it as Kylie has. But it still saddens me that it takes high profile people to make highlight how horrible cancer is.

I hope Kylie makes a full recovery and anyone else suffering from it I hope your treatment is successful

TnT

timmcat
17th May 2005, 08:56
There's trolling and then there's downright obnoxious, sick, and purile. Just a shame some can't draw the line.

Hope it all works out for the girl.

Biggles Flies Undone
17th May 2005, 09:01
Good luck Kylie.

I hope the mods take note of the latest sick rubbish from Jet Blast's resident oxygen thief and act appropriately.

Maude Charlee
17th May 2005, 09:14
I wish her the very best of luck. One of the few genuinely nice people in the entertainment biz. If her Earls Court show was anything to go by, the girl has plenty of stamina, so hopefully that will help. :sad:

Gouabafla
17th May 2005, 09:17
Don't suppose you are reading this Kylie - but there may be some Ppruners who are dealing with the same disease. My best wishes and prayers for you all.

cavortingcheetah
17th May 2005, 09:24
;) I have no doubt that KM has no need of the NHS.
Her considerable financial resources will be of great benefit.
It is of course, a terrible affliction probably comparable to testicular cancer in its pyschological impact.
Poor old Scrubed comes in for too much stick. Sick and ill advised humour perhaps, but not, surely, entirely out of place in 'Jet Blast.'
Must popple off now.

scrubed
17th May 2005, 09:35
Have a rest Scrubed!!!!!

got caught
17th May 2005, 09:41
aha...that explains your inner fear

Gouabafla
17th May 2005, 09:43
Scrubed. Well done for a positive attitude to your own cancer, if you can laugh at it that's great. However, don't assume that this gives you the right to laugh at other people.

If Kylie or any other cancer sufferer wants to make jokes, I'm all for it. But have a thought for those who don't have your constitution or approach to life.

lasernigel
17th May 2005, 09:44
All the best to Kylie.Cousin diagnosed last year and had nodules removed then radio therapy.Now OK thank God and is running in the Christies cancer appeal charity run this weekend.

Biggles Flies Undone
17th May 2005, 09:59
Scrubed - all the events you list are over. People died. That's black humour which is fine by me - I laughed as loud as anybody at the 'blue screen of death' Kursk joke.

To make fun at the expense of a living person who has a possibly fatal ailment is completely different and you won't get an apology from me.

got caught
17th May 2005, 10:06
HAHAHA!! I'm not afraid of anything.....

Are you sure ? I think its plainly obvious for all to see.

Good luck anyway.

jindabyne
17th May 2005, 10:07
scrubed

I lived and worked in Oz for several years - terrific place, terrific people with a SOH akin to the Brits; but comments such as yours were not on the agenda, except amongst the deepest of the pond life (which we also have in UK). Black humour concerning topics such as you list, whilst cheap and offensive to some, are widely accepted in today's society, and are not in the same category as comments aimed at specific individuals facing great adversity.

I too had cancer, and am hopefully recovering; I do not dwell on the fact and have a positive outlook, encouraging others who are at similar risk to be unafraid and to seek out preventative measures. I make light of things, but I do not openly joke about it - possibly out of respect for those who, unlike you and I, sadly succumbed.

Glad to see you coped well with your illness - but do try and enjoy good food, good booze, good sex and raunchy, wicked humour like the rest of us. Otherwise, stay in your pond.

Good luck girl!

Gouabafla
17th May 2005, 10:15
You don't get it, Goobafla , we don't LAUGH AT others,

Ah, so it was someone else who posted the joke about the size of Kylie's bust.

Capt.KAOS
17th May 2005, 10:30
Why issit that I don't believe that one ball story from a troll?

Never been a fan of Kylie, but I wish her and her family all the strength they need.

Look at another popstar Anastacia who was also diagnosed wit breast cancer and the way she handled that, all I can have is the utmost respect.

BlueDiamond
17th May 2005, 10:38
Not a particular fan of the woman but she is very popular and a great ambassador for Oz. Good luck to her and best wishes for a happy outcome.

Helli-Gurl
17th May 2005, 11:06
I lost my Mom to the wretched Breast Cancer, was totally viracious in the way it took her, time is the key here, as this illness knows no bounds, took my Mom out in a matte of weeks from diagnosis even tho they thought it'd be caught early.

I too recently was diagnosed as having it in one of my ovaries, thankfully it's out now and all should be good for the future...but it certainly makes you think and get your priorities sorted out.

I was going through IVF at the time and they think that may have been the catalyst that triggered it, luckily was having regular checks or it could have been months if not years before it was found.

I wish Kylie well

x

X-QUORK
17th May 2005, 11:42
Scrubed

By my count you have one supporter, however the rest of us on this thread found your attempt at humour to be pretty tasteless. Having been a member of the Armed Forces I'm only too familiar with the need to make light of a serious situation with black humour, but there's a time and a place for that sort of thing.

If you believe that anyone showing a little consideration for folks effected by cancer are being drama queens, then maybe your own terrible experience (if it really happened) has left you emotionally deficient.

Whatever. Just don't be suprised that throwing social hand grenades (even in JB) can result in getting a few derogatory comments back.

SmilingKnifed
17th May 2005, 12:30
All the best to Kylie, it just shows that breast cancer can affect anyone of any age. Helli-Gurl, glad to hear your on the mend as well.

Scrubed, I echo sentiments expressed to you on previous threads. [email protected]

cavortingcheetah
17th May 2005, 13:04
:) X-QUORK

Just back from my popples.
I cannot let you describe me as a supporter of scrubed-I presume you meant me?
I think I referred to his initial post as sick and ill advised. I will make no further comment as to its suitability on JB.
However, I will say that I have now read scrubed's further posts and find them really overly offensive. Whoopsie! As I write, I detect that the powerful fingers of a Moderator have been at work. Excellent! ;)

got caught
17th May 2005, 14:15
Couldn't really see the point of censoring such banal comments which spoke volumes about the author.

cavortingcheetah
17th May 2005, 14:25
:) I would hope that the poor old moderators take exception to abuse being published on these pages. I think that we can get away with being fairly rude to each other. But in this case I suspect that the tone of scrubed's posts rather than the actual content, constituted offence beyond that which might be considered reasonable rudery. I think that he was well :mad:

got caught
17th May 2005, 14:33
Sorry to disagree, I didn't think he was THAT rude to other posters, probably a little misguided.

Unfortunately, I think it was more to do with the fact that he was talking about that big taboo, cancer.

cavortingcheetah
17th May 2005, 14:43
:) You could be right. But, why on earth should cancer be a taboo topic of conversation if approached and discussed sensibly. Is this an English thing?:confused:

got caught
17th May 2005, 14:51
Very much an English thing. Unfortunately people still associate it with certain death, probably, because as a nation we were pretty crap at treating it. (Our 5 yr survival rates were far below that of other nations eg USA.)

Thankfully, for a whole host of reasons, from health promotion to sophisticated chemotherapy, we have improved things dramatically over the past 5-10 years.

Its a bit unfair to burden Kylie with anything other than what she has already to deal with, but hopefully something positive for others will come out of her experience.

Anyway, all the best KM.

cavortingcheetah
17th May 2005, 14:57
:) Thank you for the explanation. I am afraid to say that it does make sense.
I would imagine though that KM will seek medical attention either in OZ or the US of A.
Anyway, a sad thing to happen to anyone.
:(

acbus1
17th May 2005, 17:25
Jees.....Kylie!..........a shock, even when it's not someone in close circles!

Here's wishing her a quick and complete recovery. Could she still have kids? It's something she wants now, I recall form an interview.

Whatever God there is needs to sort his ideas out.

Jordan D
18th May 2005, 01:03
Want to wish her my best too ... was listening to the news this morning (yesterday morning now), and was shocked.

I hope that by yet another high profile figure being afflicted by this terrible disease, more money is pored into finding a cure.

Jordan

DOME
18th May 2005, 01:48
If its been caught early as was my wife's (Christmas Eve 2004) her prognosis is excellent. A very quick op to excise the growth and 5-6 weeks of radiotherapy should see her right hopefully.

It helps (as in my wife's case) to be fit and healthy and to be tough as nails. I think Kyles meets these criteria.

My girl's only hangover has been a miniscule scar - probably 2.5 cms and fading - and a "sunburnt" look from the radio. Again, her mental strength has been something to behold, and I think part of the reason shes done as well.

Loose rivets
18th May 2005, 06:41
Each and every one of us lives under this Damoclesian sward. The very code that creates and recreates us, is subject to a bit-count error at any moment. How we handle the results seems to be a very personal thing.

It's strange that even some of the best, usually young, comedians simply do not know where to draw the line, with ‘jokes' that profoundly affect some people's sensibilities. So often time will teach a sharp lesson.

Modern photography, electronic or otherwise, allows such close imagery. Perhaps the very detail that we see this pretty young lady in, has something to do with how we feel.

Good luck lass, and good luck to the researchers that are trying to beat this thing.

angels
18th May 2005, 08:07
My mum died of breast cancer at the tragically young age of 58.

I've only just seen this thread but it appears an early contribution has been removed. Good.

Good luck to all, not just Kylie, that have this appalling illness.