PDA

View Full Version : Recent QF Group And Panel Interviews

funkytownflighty
17th May 2005, 01:22
Just wondering if anyone has been to QF Interviews in the last few weeks in SYD, MEL or BNE?
At this stage QF can't confirm what positions these will be until end of financial year. Can anybody shed any light as to what these positions will be?????
Longhaul contract/Shorthaul/Casual/New BNE Longhaul base???
Hmmmm....

jesski
17th May 2005, 22:53
funkytownflighty-
You probably know better than i do....
When i was originally called for my first assesment day, it was for a 'fixed term long haul' position, aka 'strikebreaker'. However after the interview i didn't hear anything for four months. In Jan when i was called for a panel interview, i was informed that there was no positions actually available, just a shortlist, and it was unknown whether it was to be long haul/short haul/fixed term, whateva, and would i be interested in MAM, because that was most likely.
When my references were checked, still no mention of the position.
Last week i received an invitation for a medical, whioch mentioned a 'fixed term position'.
That's it. The doctor performing my medical seemed quite bewildered at the thought of me really not having any idea what position i was actually applying for!

Jesski xo

PS- they were all brissie interviews

funkytownflighty
17th May 2005, 23:14
Thanx for the info. Jesski...
Not too sure if Id be keen for fixed longhaul contract.....gagging to get into longhaul but maybe good things come to those who wait yeh???
How was the panel interview?? Pretty full on or rancho relaxo??

Pro Golfer 69
17th May 2005, 23:50
I know its hard to believe but there looking at adding an additional crew member in economy to the 747-400 aircraft, so fingers crossed there maybe some opening there.

jettlager
18th May 2005, 00:25
Pro Golfer 69,

given the amount of flying that is surely going to be hived off to AO I would think that qf mismanagement will have excess longhaul crew even with an increase to 16 on the 744.

The transfer of business begins...............

Jettlager

jesski
18th May 2005, 11:35
They weren't bad. I found it quite enjoyable, more so than the group assessment anyway, but i do like to talk. Dont get me wrong, im not one of those 'I'm going to be loud and stand out', i'm most definitely not, but i do prefer to sit an have a chat to someone rather than be in a group trying to impress.
I think you can probably find all this info in the other qantas panel interview forum.
Basically i was just asked three step questions - what happened how did i deal and what was the end result.
all things like 'when have u had a bad experience with a customer, when have u not agreed with company policy, when have u implemented a system into the workplace etc etc.
just think of lots and lots of examples!!!
hope this helps!
jess xo