jamesbrownontheroad
16th May 2005, 19:48
Just seen this on airliners.net:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/2114656/

Would anyone care to :

a) confirm
b) deny

and more importantly

c) explain where that leaves the fleet - are BD commited to using the 757 for a set period?

*j*

sevenforeseven
17th May 2005, 09:22
Well thats typical, it seems that nobody at BMI asked the Saudi authority for permission to fly there.
Shame for the airline but as always a airline run by "barrow boys" that got lucky.

no, no, no
17th May 2005, 10:33
these posts make me laugh - one rumour from another webste jumps straight to another, and yet there hasn't been as far as I can see any fact surrounding this - more like sounds like someone has a grudge against bmi and love stir mongering!!

Why don't we wait and see what bmi do, and see if they do or don't go ahead with it, before we all jump to conclusions???

I thought this was a rumour board, but this type of thread will only lead to another one of those "attack anyone in sight" board where little productivness will come out of it!!!!

teifiboy
17th May 2005, 11:06
sevenforeseven

how can you rant on when there is absolutely no foundation to the rumour. Do you accept blindly every rumour on a spotters' website?? SMB is even quoted on the airliners web site blaming the Saudis... what is the source???

Copenhagen
17th May 2005, 15:00
Lets pose the question the other way?

Q. Considering the RUH route doesnt start till mid september (at the earliest)... what's the BD A332 doing on the three days a week when its not flying to BOM ?

Considering that BD dont yet have all the authorities they need to sell this route and have the intention to go daily to BOM (with the additional frequencies the Indian government are allowing), I dont see the Arabian route happening at all.

Perhaps someone with a ATI password can confirm the airliners.net rumours....

mutt
18th May 2005, 03:38
Saudi school holidays start at the end of June until September. There is no indication of BMI starting operations during this period, IF they start in September, they will have the joys of operating empty aircraft until next summer! The Riyadh route is governed by seasonal passenger movements, it isnt like Jeddah that has all year around religious traffic....

I hope for BMI's sake that they wake up to this reality and stay away from Saudi.

Mutt.