PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Questions

learman
16th May 2005, 19:30
Hey guys,

I apologize ahead of time, i realize these questions have been asked before. I'm just starting to look into flying at Emirates. I tried to do a search on them but didn't come up with anything of substance. I also went to the Emirates website.

a little background,

US citizen
ATP
4000hrs+ (total), 2500hrs+ (jet)
lears, falcon 20, CRJ (no types)
135 domestic, international/ 121 domestic

1) are these qualifications competitive, do people get hired there with the min. qualifications listed.....if not, what is?

2) does an Faa atp qualify as an ATPL? ive gotten mixed answers on this one.

Anyways i appreciate your time guys...

ETOPS
16th May 2005, 21:09
Learman

Try searching the forum by clicking here (http://pprune.org/forums/search.php?s=)

Use something like <jobs +emirates> as a search command and don't forget to select Middle East as the forum to be searched.

Good luck!

You're gonna need it.....

330 Man
17th May 2005, 14:25
Learman,
The minimum qualifications are cast in stone and are not waived.
I think your time meets the minimum qualifications. The web site will tell you for sure, We have hired pilots in the past with only RJ time but I am not sure if it has happened in the last year or so, but a CRJ type would help. I would assume that we are looking for a different background for the airbus than we have in the past. You would probably be willing to sit in the right seat for 5 years. A new joiner with thousands of hours on the airbus probably will not be willing to do that. And currently it would be wise to plan on 5 years to upgrade on the airbus.

The FAA ATP is fine with Emirates. It is simply the american version of the ATPL. The difference is that the ATP never expires as long as you keep your medical up. Emirates has hired many pilots with the FAA ATP.

Regards,

330 Man

rjer
20th May 2005, 15:33
does Emirates count your S/O time as part of the total jet time requirement (2000) in order to meet the minimum?

I'm sure they will like the type rating.

ratpoison
21st May 2005, 09:43
Learman, unless your driving a NY cab around, dont even think about it. Go to PPJN.com. There is hundreds of jobs for jet jocks in the States.

jetAdrinker
21st May 2005, 14:31
learman, check www.emiratesgroupcareers.com and you will find a link to apply online. Good luck:ok:

Quietachiever
23rd May 2005, 10:57
There is no substance in EK. HR are in a fantasy world interested in their next leave period back to UK/India.

LHR Rain
25th May 2005, 18:33
Learman

You have to be crazy with all that opportunity avialable in the states. Do you know how much we make here? And as an aside it is very expensive here, much more that KSFO or KJFK. Get a job, any job in the states you will be much better off there in the land of opportunity. Take my word for it you don't want to be here.