PDA

View Full Version : BMI Longhaul

aar4n
16th May 2005, 15:57
I know that the airline industry is known for being full of rumours, but the latest rumour doing the rounds is the the BMI longhaul base at Manchester is gonna be shut down and all the routes and aircraft are gonna be moved down to Heathrow. The Mumbai route has just started out of LHR with Riyhad to follow and i know BMI are desperate to expanded the longhaul out of LHR. Anyone heard anything to confirm this?

DELTABOY
17th May 2005, 12:17
Just seen a clip on airliners net which appears to say that bmi have just lost or pulled out of the Riyadh route.:(

330-Purser
18th May 2005, 07:50
Its pretty obvious that is the master plan to move it all to LHR, yes.

However, it don't think it will be happening anytime soon. Here at MAN, the B757 from Iceland which was brought in to operate the IAD route has been going tech fairly often. I don't think its going down to well with the passengers unless this is what the bods at Donington Hall intended to kill the route?

No one knows whats going to happen to the A330 at LHR now that the RUH service looks to be off for the moment. Maybe they'll use it on the overbooked BHD peak flights! Hehe!!!

:p :p :p