PDA

View Full Version : GF Pay

funkydory
16th May 2005, 14:47
Currently working for GF, recruited in London and have found life at GF so far not all as promised.
Is there any crew out there who can empathise with me?!
With regards to salary, coming from the UK it can be less than minimum wage.
I know nobody likes discussing salary and figures but can anyone shed any light on this subject and give me an idea of what I can expect to earn monthly?
I know we have to take into consideration the accommodation but even if paying rent in UK I could still be left with more at the end of the month.

neleh
17th May 2005, 05:30
There is not much difference between salaries of cabin crew!!!The longer you stay in GF,the money does go up and it is better than a UK salary...

Little M
18th May 2005, 14:34
Having worked for an airline in the UK I do not agree that the salary at GF is better than a UK salary!! In the UK I was earning approx 1200-1300 GBP monthly afer tax. I haven't been flying with GF for very long but from my own experience and from talking to other crew it is unlikely that I will earn anywhere near that ammount with GF.

I know that everyone tells you not to complain because it is tax free and you get free accom but the salary does not compare well to that of other airlines. It also depends on where you are from as the exchange rate is not good against the pound so the Brits seem to get a bit of a rough deal!