PDA

View Full Version : Moving from S/E Asia to India - to be or not to be?!

swish266
16th May 2005, 12:22
Hi Guys,
Some news from India:
1. Jet Airways first service to London - 23.05.
2. Jet Airways will initially fly to SIN and LGW with 3 A343E.
3. They have new A343 Chief pilot formerly from Austrian.
4. Expat pilots for Jet Airways to be based in Europe?
5. Other private Indian a/l like Sahara, Air Deccan, Kingfisher to start international services shortly?!
6. Local officials report to press 40% increase in traffic in India by end 2005 and 100% by end 2006.
All this info collected from various local sources.
Any comments on future jobs, terms, conditions?

rsoman
16th May 2005, 13:03
1. Correct as of now

2 They already started flying to SIN from BOM last month with a 737-800. Will continue to use the same equipment on the route. The 3 343Es will be used to operate the daily LHR routes as well as the planned 6 x weekly EWR route via BRU. They also will operate on the MAA KUL route using 737-800 (planned launch date is 18 May). They are also looking out for A330s.

3. Chief pilot - ex Austrian - correct

4 . Correct about foreign bases.

5. Air Sahara already flies to Colombo and Katmandu (like Jet) and has just started DEL SIN flight using 738s. the MAA KUL flight has been pushed back to June due to pilot shortage (around 20 pilots left them at short notice!).

The current rule (in India rules change overnight nowadays!) is that private domestic airlines have to confine to domestic sector for 5 years before venturing international. Air Deccan had its inaugral flight only in August 2003 while Kingfisher had theirs this month! So quite a long wait for those two to go international. The first bloke says he is not interested, while the second chappie wants the 5 year rule changed so he can start sooner. Dont rule him out - he is a member of parliament , has deep pockets (he is the local beer baron) and India is currently ruled by a coalition run by the right wing congress party with the support of the left wing communists (not a joke!), so the real power here is with the minority!

6 Increase by 100% by end 2006 - no way! Where are the aircraft parking stand, where are the pilots? Where are the airports?

While "Brussels South " may be a mere 40 miles from Brussels downtown, "Bangalore North" will be 400 miles and 9 hours by road in Hyderabad!!! There is not even a single city which has two airports serving them !

Future jobs - if you have a Indian license or an Indian national - now is the time to be! Pilot salaries have gone through the roof. Foreign pilots are also being recruited but DGCA (the Indian regulator) rules allow them in only for short term contracts (I think one year).

swish266
17th May 2005, 04:36
Thank U very much 4 yr feeedbak.
I would appreciate more info about conditions for EU based pilots for Jet Airways.
I visited d web-s but no info bout conditions?!
I know bout BOM, DEL, MAA but noone expects a leap dere. What bout Cochin for example...

Left Wing
17th May 2005, 05:53
Jet pilots are the best in the Indian avaition, most of them regulary grabed by EK,EY,QR and the lot. Im sure the T&E will be on par with the leaders in EU. Dont know how long the contract will be but cannot exceed 1 yr as per current law.

A330AV8R
20th May 2005, 06:55
Left wing Quote : Jet Pilots the best in Indian Aviation Unquote ... you gotta be kidding buddy !

by the way the 3 340's from South African are actually on lease from Boeing thats right Boeing in a 2 - 3 year deal where these aircraft will be taken back only to be replaced by 777's .... now my question is when these Boeing boys actually get connected to flying the wire >>> will they want to be disconnected again ?

let me think .. NOT

Left Wing
20th May 2005, 12:33
B777 is also fly by wire :ok: