PDA

View Full Version : Oxford success rate??

Jezzmeister
16th May 2005, 12:18
Hi there.

Am seriously close to applying for oxford, the only thing(and very significant) is there does not seem to be any link on their site to the amount of students recruited against the amount of jobs that were offered.

In other words, does anyone have a link or so info about the succes rate. There is a link saying where their students went last year but it does not say how many and more the the point, how many did not/still are unemployed.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Jezz

oxford blue
16th May 2005, 15:17
There is actually, but it's on one of their forum threads.

Have a look here (http://www.oxfordaviation.net/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=1&ARCHIVEVIEW=&TOPIC_ID=1543) .

Maude Charlee
17th May 2005, 09:08
OAT haven't a clue (by their own admission) what their success rate is in gaining grads employment. That looks like it has changed with the APP, as they now seem to be keeping closer tabs on what people are up to, and hopefully establishing some kind of longer-term contact with their alumni as contacts in this business are everything.

However, many of the 'job successes' are from grads who left long before the APP was launched, and only lists those who have bothered to let OAT know what happened to them. I know there are a great many ex studes who will not do anything to help out OAT as they are very bitter about the lack of assistance from the school post graduation, or the failure to pass on information relating to selection panels that have been sitting for a variety of airlines in order to keep it 'in house' for the exclusive benefit of APP grads.

If you really wish to know, then consider what the annual output is of students (1 integrated course of up to 20 every 4 weeks, plus modular, plus all the overseas courses), take account of the poor recruitment market over the last 3 years, and then look at the job successes for last year, which was just about the only year where recruitment had picked up to anywhere near 3 figures.

Craggenmore
18th May 2005, 12:42
The very first APP courses caught the first wave of the latest recruitment drive.

Things seem to have slowed down now, so APP students will be coming out with no automatic right to jobs. There is not the 'glut' to go to at the moment.

Therefore, if you re-read what Oxford Blue has posted in 4 months time those figures will not look as complete/good.

However, as Maude Charlee has written, Oxford do tend to push APP students over their 'past' students to justify the hefty price tag of the APP course. Flybe and Jet2.com have been a positive exceptions.

I know of at least 8 pre-APP students who have zero interest in helping OAT as a result of their actions since July 2004 with the BA and Channel Express shocker.

Jet2 did however absorb several pre-APP and modular students to calm things down but I would imagine there must be hidden agreements / ongoings as we speak, for Oxford need to help APP as much as they can for the £££ they have paid.

I can't see bods lining up to do the LPP when quite clearly the APP courses will be pushed ahead!