PDA

View Full Version : Heli-west

mustering guru
15th May 2005, 23:36
Thinking about doing some work for Heli West but have heard some disturbing stuff......any commments on what they are like??

And i also heard they are making a insulator wash rig for a B206 are they insane there is noway you could wash powerlines effectivley with a jetbox...i have washed in a 500 and i dont think you would get a better machine for the job!!

:yuk:

GAGS
16th May 2005, 05:18
Mustering Guru

The list of shonks gets bigger.If what you hear is disturbing let us all know so someone doesn't find out the hard way.

GAGS

mustering guru
16th May 2005, 22:10
well, i kinda don't want to repeat it, my infrormer knows a bloke who knows a bloke that worked there and I am not sure sure if it's dinkum or sour grapes.

Come on guys has anybody worked there??

John Galt
17th May 2005, 02:06
MG & Gags, before you begin slandering someone, why not be bold enough and use your real names. I am in no way affiliated with the company in mention but it gets a bit boring when some cretin starts to bad-mouth others in complete anonimity. if you have heard bad things, don't apply for a job with them, simple as that.

mustering guru
17th May 2005, 02:48
Hey John

I am just after a opinion of someone that has worked there.....its a long way to WA if it might end up a short stay!!

I wasnt after just the bad stuff maybe some good points.......whatever anything???

Nobody seems to know much about them the are a relatively young growing company which while i am here will say i have heard good things as well.....

idiotspotter
19th May 2005, 02:44
mustering guru

you have been spotted!

EMS R22
19th May 2005, 03:31
Look in the mirror Idiotspotter!

SASless
19th May 2005, 03:53
There's good and bad at each place out there...just as there are good guys and not so good guys....good aircraft and not so good aircraft.

Additionally, places change....cannot say that about most people....oxygen wasters seem to stay the same.....and beget more of the same until one day when the skinny family tree (the one with the branches all right up at the tip top....) finally topples over.

But what the heck....if one anonymous source was good enough for Newsweek....then why not for Rotorheads?:E

overpitched
19th May 2005, 03:53
I was once offered a job there but in the end I didn't take it. Like you I heard some things that put me off and it was a long way to go to find out.

I do know people that have done some casual work for them and remuneration seemed to be low from what I could gather. Apart from that there's not really much I can tell you

mustering guru
19th May 2005, 05:48
thanks for the feedback guys!

Oh and idiot spotter, you life must be really boring hey..??

BigMike
21st May 2005, 17:05
I have never worked for this company but I do know the Ops Manager very well, and you would not find a more professional guy anwhere. He has been in the industry quite a while, and I know that he would not be working for anyone who could be discribed as "shonky" Those that know him can vouch for that.
I spent a day with him a few months ago while on holiday in Oz, to look at their operation, with a view to perhaps working for them in the future. Everyone was very friendly and it seemed like a very well set up, and professional company. If you have a concern, simply vist them. There is always someone who is not happy about something.

BigMike

Ogsplash
22nd May 2005, 00:23
I've never worked for the company although I have worked with the guys a bit. I will only speak of my personal experiences.

I found them all friendly and open to me, they appeared to be running a good operation. They do think 'outside the box' sometimes and this can upset others I guess, but we need more of this in the industry.

Just my observations that's all.

vortexstate
22nd May 2005, 06:15
Tell me why is it that when someone gives their heart and sole into providing a good work enviroment and service for their customers, Tall Poppy Syndrome kicks in and we all have to take them down?
I have had dealings with Heliwest (both from near and far) from their humble beginnings and watched as they took the chances and expanded into their current operation, and have found all personal from the office staff to the management totally approachable.
In my time there, all staff were invited to be involved with the day to day operations and were treated with the utmost respect by management.
Good airport to work from, receptive bosses and staff, nice part of the world, fair wages,what else does one want?
Just my two bobs worth......:ok:

jetgas
18th Oct 2010, 03:57
Two more ADA B212s arrive in POM .

Ag-Rotor
18th Oct 2010, 05:32
Mustering Guru, "you seem to be the guru" go and start your own business and then everyone can slag your operation. As a casual reader of these forums you get sick of pilots with over inflated ego's slagging off the very people they expect to give them employment. Got a beef - stick a name to your post so that Heliwest can see who they are employing or not.

mustering guru
18th Oct 2010, 16:36
Gee AG-ROTOR You are sharp :-)

The last post on this thread that was relevant to my simple question was more than 5 years ago.

I have a idea why don't YOU post your name.

I did not have a beef, I was looking for some input to what they were like to work for, the good and bad. So not sure how you misconstrued what you read perhaps your head is in your a#$ :-) seems to me it is.

FYI I did work for them and it was as I had been told. Poor wages, not paid correctly and lied to face to face. Anyway I learnt my lesson and never went back.

MG

Yakking
20th Oct 2010, 11:49
Well I've been working for HW for a few years now. I've found them very reasonable and straight shooters.

What you see is what you get. Maybe not the highest paying, but definitely not the lowest.

And they don't tolerate dickheads...

piggybank
21st Oct 2010, 00:22
I am hearing rumours that ADA have moved some 412s into Timor Leste. Is it with Heliwest or is it Helicorp with their own machines?

bladepitch
21st Oct 2010, 13:01
Nothin at all wrong with heliwest. They are expanding and growing so they are doing something right.

more and more pilots in OZ are trying to get in to this company.

Yakking summed it up fine..

and yes i work there as well.

2leftskids
21st Oct 2010, 14:51
Am I the only one that reads the dates on these posts??

Savoia
8th Oct 2011, 15:42
SPEEDING motorists could be nabbed from the sky by a new crime-fighting chopper to be trialled at the Gold Coast.

Dodging speed cameras is only going to get harder for dangerous drivers as police move to patrol Gold Coast roads from several hundred feet above the ground.

If successful, the eyes in the sky could be sent to other parts of Queensland, targeting high-speed chases, dangerous drivers and crime hot spots.

For 20 hours a week - at any time of the day - the helicopter will be mobilised to fight crime at the Gold Coast.

The chopper will be primarily used so police no longer have to engage in dangerous high-speed chases, but Gold Coast City Council Mayor Ron Clarke said he was urging police to nab leadfoot motorists during the trial.
Cr Clarke and the State Government are funding the $1.6 million, six-month trial of the police helicopter, which is scheduled to start patrols in November.

"There's a perception that, if there's police up there and you do speed, you don't know if you're going to get caught," Cr Clarke told The Sunday Mail.

"(We need) anything that makes the community safer (and) helps (reduce) the road toll."

When asked about whether it would consider booking drivers from the air, the Queensland Police Service said: "The tender process is ongoing and specifications are still being finalised as part of that process."

Highly-placed sources have told The Sunday Mail that, while the technology exists for police choppers to pinpoint motorists from the air, police in the Gold Coast trial were more likely to identify speeding motorists in the air and then alert a ground crew to take action.

It's understood a Bell 206 helicopter will be used in the trial, and the Heliwest Group, which has a base in Toowoomba, has won the contract to supply the chopper. It will have infrared technology, allowing police to be effective during the day or night.

Queensland Police Union president Ian Leavers said the chopper would be another tool for police.

"The much-needed police helicopter will perform a multitude of roles as a proactive eye-in-the-sky to prevent crime and assist police as an extra observational platform," Mr Leavers said.

"The Police Union has been fully involved in the consultation and tender process and fully supports the police helicopter trial and its massive contribution to policing in being able to work in tandem with police on the ground and enhance the operational capabilities of police."

RACQ senior traffic and safety engineer Greg Miszkowycz said a chopper would make high-speed police chases safer, but questioned the need for another avenue for police to catch lead-foot drivers.

Victorian Police already uses its airwing to help nab speeding motorists, as do some police in the US and UK.

New helicopter used to target speeding motorists to be trialled at Gold Coast | Courier Mail (http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/new-helicopter-used-to-target-speeding-motorists-to-be-trialled-at-gold-coast/story-e6freoof-1226162061792)

For 20 hours a week - at any time of the day - the helicopter will be mobilised to fight crime at the Gold Coast.
Is this a 'return' to 'US-style' patrolling? If so then this is a bonus for the operator.

It will have infrared technology, allowing police to be effective during the day or night.
Yes, VFR one imagines.

heliduck
8th Oct 2011, 22:17
For 20 hours a week
State Government are funding the $1.6 million, six-month trial

$3333.33/hour for a jetranger, good on them.

Spanner83
13th Oct 2011, 22:04
Hey guys i am a LAME on the GC and wonder what Heliwest are like? Do they run a good operation from an engineering perspective and whats their pay like? Cheers

skidmarks2
14th Oct 2011, 19:09
"Who is John Galt?" LOL Real names?:D

industry insider
14th Oct 2011, 23:34
Skid

What's funny about someone using their real name? Galty is a good bloke. Not sure what you point is. As for your name....juvenile, unless that is your real name in which case you are most unfortunate.