PDA

View Full Version : Email Notification OE

homesick rae
15th May 2005, 13:23
Hi,

I used to have the choice of different email notifications with Outlook Express, but that function seems to have gone.

Can anyone shine any light? Is there an add on that I can download to bring back this function?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

HR

All Ahead Full
16th May 2005, 12:02
Have you tried un installing Outlook express (add remove programs) under the control panel, and then re-installing it.

If that does not work - it may be a missing toolbar or something - can you give some more information as to where the functionaluty has disappeared from?

homesick rae
16th May 2005, 13:20
I used to be able to edit the sound in the "settings" or at least there used to be a link. Had about 20 different sounds or more under different genres...just checked the box and that was that.

Cheers

HR

maxell
16th May 2005, 14:58
try control panel sounds and audio devices then sounds tab look down list for new mail notification click it and browse to folder with your sounds in and select one

homesick rae
16th May 2005, 16:59
Yes, tried that, but I used to have different voices and sounds to choose from in OE itself.

Tonic Please
17th May 2005, 00:27
Used to have? Does that mean you have come from 5 up to OE6?

Or, did you have in OE6 one day and now you dont in OE6?

You could try to roll back to an older system restore point to a time around when you noticed they disappeared.

I think they musthave been in an older version. Sounds cant just disappear from within OE6, especially not a button dedicated to it :confused: