PDA

View Full Version : Citation I SP

nouseforaname
15th May 2005, 10:17
Have been looking at these jets for sale in the US...

I roughly know the specs. for a mid 90's Citation 1, how do these compare the the Citation Jet?

Can anyone confirm real life range, cruise and are the a B*tch to maintain?

Thanks.

Chilli Monster
15th May 2005, 11:21
Were Citation I's being made in the mid 90's? I thought we were onto the CJ's by then.

Anyway. Speed about 330Kts TAS, Endurance about 3.5 hours including reserves. Maintenance no different to any of the C500/550/560 models apart from the engines which will require a core split and inspection at some time. Also the flaps are electric, not hydraulic on most.

If you can find a decent one then they're a good intro to corporate jets. Bear in mind though that RVSM, 8.33 and FM immunity are all going to come into the equation if you buy outside of Europe with a view to import. Most of the one's on the market though have been around for a while - expect them to start getting a bit 'tired'.

FLEXJET
15th May 2005, 16:36
A friend of mine is going to operate a non-RVSM C501.
What kind of decrease in range can he expect?

G-ANDY
15th May 2005, 16:43
I think theres a company in the South of England selling a Citation 1? I might be wrong, but I'm sure I saw it advertised in the GA magazine.

If you're using it for charter...... bear in mind many customers prefer nice young new aircraft, and the Citation 1 certainly isn't one!

To be honest, I like them all!

G-ANDY

nouseforaname
15th May 2005, 18:56
I think your right..the I SP eagle that i was looking at was a 1984 model with over 6kTT 330kts cruise sounds quite good but 3.5 hours isn't great for endurance. Looking for something to fly non-stop from Fairoaks with 4 people to southern portugal about 920nm. What are they like short field?

Chilli Monster
15th May 2005, 19:47
A friend of mine is going to operate a non-RVSM C501.
What kind of decrease in range can he expect?

At least 20%

Looking for something to fly non-stop from Fairoaks with 4 people to southern portugal about 920nm. What are they like short field?

Define "short field"? 3000ft is doable (just - light weight) 4000ft is a bit more comfortable.

As for the payload - once you start adding more than two people you start to lose fuel on board. I think you're being optimistic when you also have to consider IFR reserves and div fuel.

FLEXJET
15th May 2005, 19:55
I think theres a company in the South of England selling a Citation 1? I might be wrong, but I'm sure I saw it advertised in the GA magazine.

Thank you G-ANDY.

At least 20%

Thank you Chilli