PDA

View Full Version : Switching Canadian AME license to New Zealand equivalent

Canuck AME
14th May 2005, 22:53
HEllo everyone,

I was wondering of anyone knows what would be required to get my M1, M2 Canadian AME license to be valid in New Zealand?

WOuld it just be a few exams seeing as they are ICAO also??

Thanx
:ok:

aintsaying
15th May 2005, 19:28
Go on the web site for CAA New Zealand, look up Mark Price and direct your e-mails towards him.
You will need to complete the Law written exam and the Law Oral exam.
You will only get ratings on the NZ licence for those aircraft that are on the NZ civil register.
Make sure your type course ceritficates have "ATA 104 Level III" typed on them. The TC number is not good enough, unless you go to Transport Canada and get a letter written up declaring that.
Make sure you have a copy of any ACA's avaliable for the aircraft you want on your NZ licence.
Have a letter written up by your QA manager stating that you have had, and passed a Technical Oral examination for each aircraft type, including the engines. If you had an interview and were asked questions by him/her then you will be ok. Ask the CAA for the contents of an technical oral.
This seem daunting, but its not. You will have to fill out a form and pay $400-00NZD. You will also be paying for your law written and law oral exams too. Go to the Air New Zealand section of www.airmech.co.uk, and search around there for any current contacts or info on this topic.
Oh yeah, sometimes the NZ CAA will want to see a OJT Task book for experience on each type. Basically its your book you used B4 you got your TC licence.
Good Luck, you'll need it.
:ok:

wanty
28th May 2005, 13:10
Not trying to be a stick in the mud mate,but the pay rates for lames etc in NZ is pitiful.ANZ employees are a great bunch of blokes having worked along side many of them in Christchurch for an extended period but most haven't even had cpi pay rises in 7 years,yes 7 yrs.You'll be lucky to earn $40k a year,before tax according to most I spoke to.They exploit thier workers to the max.But it's your choice.Good luck.
Wanty.

aintsaying
30th May 2005, 02:28
If you get a job in GA you will be paid around $34000-00 a year. With a licence maybe $40000-00 a year.
If you get in with AirNZ, which is a possibility, you will be on a base rate of $39000-00 a year. With all the extras you'll get about $54000-00 a year as non licenced. $58000-00 a year with a licence. The amount of ratings does not matter. You will be working 6 days a week to get this wage. You can always do overtime to make more!!
Best of luck.

pionairtech
12th Jun 2005, 21:58
I was on around $55,000 in GA down in Queenstown as a liceneced engineer, i laughed at Air NZ when they offered me $19/hour base ($39,000) for the same. I worked out I would have to do 8 hours o/t a week just to break even. Have now taken on desk job for $60,000 in Christchurch with a charter company.:cool:
Appears to be plenty of work for helio engineers.
I agree with aintsayn on the conversion proces as we have both been through it. Good luck