PDA

View Full Version : australia

stilly
14th May 2005, 06:32
i live in australia

7gcbc
14th May 2005, 08:17
Time Difference is only 30 mins, But I'm perplexed as to why it feels like 50 years when you step off the plane. :D

Pinky the pilot
14th May 2005, 10:23
And the precise purpose/meaning of this thread is.......?????:confused: :confused:

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Spodman
19th May 2005, 04:53
Whereas, I live in Australia

flopter
19th May 2005, 05:27
...whereas, I prefer flying over Australia :E

Erin Brockovich
19th May 2005, 06:22
Paul Keating (no I'm not a fan) said it best.

"The best way to see Darwin is at 36,000ft on the way to Paris":ok:

gaunty
19th May 2005, 07:51
No doubt on his way to collect the $300,000 French Louis XV clock that has lain "undiscovered" in the antique shop for around $50 around the corner from the Crillon. Wish I was that clever.:rolleyes:

36,000 ft is as close as he ever allowed the Australian people to get near him.:}

7gcbc
19th May 2005, 09:02
"No doubt on his way to collect the $300,000 French Louis XV clock that has lain "undiscovered" in the antique shop for around $50 around the corner from the Crillon. "

Excellent! :}

DeltaSix
21st May 2005, 02:17
Well, I live in Parramatta and the Eels just killed Manly last night.

Yeehaaa......... damn, I'll miss the footy when I go overseas.

I can just see the great Woomera saying :

What on earth are we talking about here ?.... this is definitely not aviation....click

D6

Chadzat
21st May 2005, 03:40
I thought they classified Adelaide as people who tried to swim from Tassie to Victoria (smart move if you are passing through on your way to warmer climes) but got washed up in SA.

hehe, thats a goodie! :D Havn't heard that one before.

Yeah, Adelaide is full of tools. weather is often cloudy and rainy when you want to go flying and in drought at every other time. Murphy must live in Adelaide.

cjam
21st May 2005, 07:17
Why do australians have see through lunch box's?????

tinpis
22nd May 2005, 01:52
I live in Darwhine and the best thing that happened here was Paul Keating flew overhead at FL350 on the way to Paris.

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/moon2.gif

cjam
22nd May 2005, 10:23
Yep.....that pretty much sums up Darwin.

Transition Layer
22nd May 2005, 11:56
I thought they classified Adelaide as people who tried to swim from Tassie to Victoria (smart move if you are passing through on your way to warmer climes) but got washed up in SA.

Is that right? I actually thought Geelong was proof that Tasmanians can swim.

TL

Erin Brockovich
23rd May 2005, 03:59
This clip is a classic. It should be shown as an immigration intro video to Australia.

www.themainmeal.com.au/images/Sam Kekovich 90 sec.wmv

"Fighting over tofu sausages" :ok:

This sort of piss taking is what separates us from the rest of the world. We need more of it.

tinpis
23rd May 2005, 10:18
Cjam..
give yer a tip mate.
Darwhine will be one day a dynamic centre of Oz.
Why?
WATER

scrubed
23rd May 2005, 11:42
Kekovich? Australian???? Huh???

PS: Erin 2 tips for ya:

1. Tidy up your link by converting it into something like this. (www.themainmeal.com.au/images/Sam Kekovich 90 sec.wmv)

2. Get them to change the advertising photo for "Erin Brokovich" from that retarded looking image of you looking over your shoulder with a stunned-just-smacked-in-the-face-with-a-pork-chop-expression. It SUX!!

Erin Brockovich
24th May 2005, 00:09
scrubed

Yes, that photo is not of my best side. If you look closely the expression is me clenching my teeth as I let one rip after eating several lamb chops. See it here. (www.erinbrockovich.com/home.html)

And yes, Kekovich would probably be eating his lamb in a kabab. ;) He's still a funny bastard though.

cjam
24th May 2005, 02:54
Thanks for the tip Tinpis, I agree that Darwin is becoming more and more "dynamic" as you say....thats why I have a rental there, it has turned out to be quite a good investment, it's still got a boring as bat**** climate, you have to fly to get anywhere for the weekend (I'm way over Kakadu Katherine crab claw etc) and the scenery while at work is monotonous too.
That is all just my opinion of course, I guess if you lived for fishing and undie rash it would suit you.
Have a good day. cjam