Best airline food you have had?

Carrier?

Crew meal or as a pax food?

State which class you were in also?

Mmmm, Ice cream at 35,000 FT!

Ansett Int (business) :} :} :}

jesski
14th May 2005, 05:25
mmmm yeh ansett had some great food in business class.... even on domestic flights! especially the icecream.... mmmm

Flying_Sarah747
14th May 2005, 06:58
I'm addicted to the new BA Club Europe flip in a dish/slip and slop dinners (What is the actual name for that stuff) It's horrible to serve, but good to eat! Especially the sweet and sour prawns, and the chicken pasta with the red sauce!!! Oh, and I love raid the larda in Club World...YUMMMMM!!!!!

nickmelb
14th May 2005, 08:20
mmmm food! (oh and all those extra piles of weight i have put on since flying) ekkkkkk!

anyways my favourite dish at the moment from the internationally acclaimed qf chefs @ qantas catering is the new J class brekky.

some kinda new holandaise sauce on the eggs, YUMMO!

worst i think would have to be that hideous chicken curry dish we had, in Y class. Good lord, was like serving up doggie food.

must say the magnums r nice, and i can easily polish off a few, as well as a connisiuer (is that how u spell it) icecream. Oh heres a tip kids, we melt chocolate in the galleys and pour it all over the icreams....yummmmmmm

weight watchers here i come :yuk:

Sky_hi!
14th May 2005, 10:45
mmmmmm two fruits :hmm:

Oscar.Francois
14th May 2005, 11:11
Thai Airways International - All classes international flying (domestic flights you get served puffs and pies home-made and available at Puffs&Pies bakeries by Thai Airways Catering)

Emirates - short flights between Gulf (you get served everything within 1 hour... How incredible for pax... How lethal for crew -_-')

Ansett ... long time ago

Malaysian Airlines - Where on earth do they get those HUGE size ice-creams from??? No one seems to be able to finish eating them (don't really taste that nice..) but always get a WOW from passengers ^^

Cathay - Fine

Qantas - Please...improve...

Qatar Airways - Refreshment lollies are great. What ever happens to the rest? Maybe the food is bearable, but desserts... oh my god.. -_-'

Skyg
14th May 2005, 11:45
- Qatar Airways Dishes are excellent... but TOO much Indian influenced.... Excellent in European sectors ... (all classes)... But some sectors uneatable for westerners.... TOO MUCH SPICIES and RICE... hahaha...

- BA is good but no that much quantity....

fourplay
14th May 2005, 12:27
:ooh: :ooh: :ooh: You little pigletts, me thinks you all enjoy your jobs too much.

Tis off ta fat fighters wid da lot a ya.... Marjorie :uhoh: :uhoh:
oh Marjorie!

backseatjock
14th May 2005, 12:51
Flying Sarah is 100% right with comment re new BA Club Europe catering - much improved on what was served before and up with the best short-medium haul food in Europe.........except if you fly regularly PRG-LHR! This sector has been serving exactly the same choice with a salad plate for past 12 months.

CSDs have been saying "it's about to change" or "local catering unable to supply to standard we require" for months now. Yet OK and other airlines flying ex PRG don't appear to have the same problem. Once offered a crew meal which also proved the latter arguement wrong. What's up with PRG BA?

CrewChick
14th May 2005, 16:57
The best meal I had was on an AA flight to ORD last summer.

I was in Business class and we had Pancakes with Scrambled Egga and Ham, with maple syrup over the top. It was the yummies thing I have ever tasted on a plane.

Looking forward to my bmi crew food when I start flying though

:O

nickmelb
14th May 2005, 17:25
dust anyone?

fourplay u might be the only one to get this joke!

Bandit_70
14th May 2005, 17:28
I'll have a slice of cake....Oh i love a bit of cake i do!

CrewChick
14th May 2005, 17:30
Dust = Marjorie Dawes from Little Britain Maybe?????

ManfredvonRichthofen
14th May 2005, 17:40
You people may find this site of some interest

http://www.airlinemeals.net/

or you may not...

fourplay
15th May 2005, 00:52
You are a classic Nick... I burst out laughing when I read that.
Almost spat all over the screen.

Good on you crewchick, well done!

:} :} :}

RaverFlaver
15th May 2005, 04:37
Best I have had was on CX.

nickmelb
15th May 2005, 09:38
fourplay thought u mite like this! not sure if its gng to work but here goes

http://tn7.deviantart.com/300W/fs6.deviantart.com/i/2005/015/0/7/another_one_bites_the_dust_by_LittleBritainClub.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/images/bbc/programmes_tv_idents_and_screenshots/entertainment/250ittle_britain_majorie.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/images/2005/01/04/majorie_dawes_home_203_203x152.jpg

fourplay
15th May 2005, 09:49
BRILLIANT!

A300Man-2005
15th May 2005, 09:56
Oh very funny. Git it too. Dust. Have you stopped going to the gym Nickmelb, or are you still as fit (not fat) as ever??

QR food is generally very good. However, had some really nice stuff lately on Malaysia Airlines.

rotornut
15th May 2005, 10:09
The worst?

Air India out of Mumbai to LHR, Y class::yuk:

Lost_luggage34
16th May 2005, 00:22
A full service meal in First Class on Pan Am.

Yes, they trundled along with a joint of roast beef atop. And yes it was slightly underdone.

Wouldn't be allowed that these days.

EAAFA
16th May 2005, 02:41
I've never really understood flight attendants' obsession with food. I used to work for Ansett (I'm now with QFlink), and the food at Ansett was pretty good in J class, but seeing some of my colleagues pigging out made me lose my appetite.

Quite frankly, I think that some airlines go overboard with in flight service (and Ansett was one of them). I thought the point of flying was to get from a to b, not to have a fine dining experience.:confused:

fourplay
16th May 2005, 04:26
Man can not live on dust alone!

right Marjorie? :p :p :p

Nick pop up to first and see if there are any of those cinnamene scrolls left pet....... :} :} :}

alangirvan
16th May 2005, 04:41
to read all you want about airline food, go to www.airlinemeals.org, and send in your own reports.

fourplay
16th May 2005, 09:10
No but yeh but nooo, I am not that into airline food.

Just started the thread to amuse myself and anyone else that wanted to hitch a ride.

Wouldn't be dead for quids ;) ;) ;)

Thanks for the link though and for reading our carry on.

SkySista
16th May 2005, 09:40
got to admit, I liked getting scrambled eggs and bacon for brekkie with AN... sure is a step up from soggy sandwiches you get on SOME airlines! ;) lol...

best snack would have to be those little cheese and cracker packets Virgin have got.. though pickle would complete it nicely!! :}

jan brady
16th May 2005, 17:02
mmm....the best food i have had id the Thai Lobster in EY first class...and there is Lobster of some descriptions on ALL flights...yes, weight watchers alright!!:(

nickmelb
17th May 2005, 02:04
fourplay me thinks vicki has had 2 many cinamone scrolls :P

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2005/01/22/nblame22.jpg

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

fourplay
17th May 2005, 12:43
BLESS