PDA

View Full Version : Dallas To Lagos

BALEWA
13th May 2005, 21:11
I am a Nigeria and hold a FAA CPL IR ME on fixed wings and just finished training in the United States with a boeing 737-200 type rating.

Please I am looking for information for license conversion and also on jobs in Nigeria on who is recruiting. I would like to have some info before I leave Dallas for Nigeria with my family so I have an idea who to go to when I get back in the country, I have been away for five years and have no clue.

Any response would be appreciated from Niger colleagues.

Thanks

oneeyed
13th May 2005, 22:03
If you don't have any pressing personal reasons and are in posession of the necessary documents (i.e. work permit) I would recommend you spend a little more time in the US.

Prsently none of the 737 operators hiring - that might change when some of them will have to change from wet to dry lease but at the same time with Virgin possibly getting off the ground some of them might also disappear.

So weigh your options carefully before you make your move.:confused:

Captain Indomie
14th May 2005, 04:55
As things stand as of 2day, you stand a very good chance with Bellview airlines and ADC. Try their website for email address and phone numbers of who to contact in those companies. There are other 732 operators that may want to try you as well especially since you are already type rated. Meanwhile, I don't think it's a good idea to move down to Lagos with ur family initially. Be prepared for sometime without decent income and start some sort of communication with those 2 companies b4 leaving the state.
Good luck ;)

littlejet
14th May 2005, 21:44
And how is Chanchangi doing theese days?
They have two 732.
Capt Indomie do I now you? r u on 72?

Captain Indomie
15th May 2005, 12:10
Hi littlejet: I'm currently on the 732A. CAL is doing very well, you know the Yugo guys are still there and they need to keep the place alive to protect their jobs. Sosoliso too is very impressive in the planning of their operations. Any intresting news about VN? I heared from a reliable source that due to insurance, JAA license is a requirement for pilot selection. Regards::( :D

BALEWA
17th May 2005, 03:18
Thanks Capt Indomie for your response I have done as you advised and in contact with one of the airlines you suggested.

Will be in lagos in the middle of june to look around if any vacancies and also convert my license at the same time.

Thanks Again

BALEWA

Capt. Manuvar
19th May 2005, 09:02
As has been advised above it is probably not a good idea to move the family to down to Naija immediately. You may have to write the all NCAA exams (airlaw, loading, Performance A:yuk: and possibly 737 written)and the whole conversion might take up to 6 months or more, but since you're type rated you may be exempted from some exams but don't quote me on dat one. I'm the world's best pilot and it took me 3 months:cool: . With your 732 type you stand a good chance of gettin a job as i believe airlines need pilots but don't want to shell out the $ to train.

BALEWA
22nd Jun 2005, 18:45
Hello all,

In Nigeria at the moment and scouting for a job !

Registered to take my Airlaw exams so I can get my NCAA license, which is anytime from now.

Would appreciate all the help I can get here on who is recruiting and whom to see!

Thanks

Balewa

HappyPilot
22nd Jun 2005, 20:40
Hi BALEWA,

did they exempt you from the performance and loading exam? If so your a lucky man. By the way, EAS and Bellview are very short of 737 pilots and essentially require you to be ready made if you know what I mean. Anyway goodluck with the rest of your search.

HappyPilot

BALEWA
24th Jun 2005, 17:21
Hi HappyPilot

No exemption!

Doing all the required exams. But it does not look so bad, I am actually impressed with it, though I must say that its new stuff for me coming in from FAA Training.

Thanks for your tip.

Balewa