PDA

View Full Version : Do your mates live anywhere famous?..

Helli-Gurl
13th May 2005, 17:40
I was chatting to a friend on Messenger this afternoon............... as you do when your boyfriend's just dumped you and you're at more or less the same loose end you would be if he was with you as he'd normally be as lifeless as a sack of lard asleep on the sofa after some long haul trip or other to one of the numerous dens of iniquity spread out through the Far East....

Anyway we got to talking about where we lived and he comes from up north, Manchester way and I have a suspicion he lives near Coronation St. as he has a touch of the Jack Duckworth about him..of course he virilantly denies this giving some bu**s**t excuse that it's a Cheshire accent and not Mancunian and that he really lives some place called Knutsford! I mean who'd live in a town with a name like that ?

(apologies to all you Knutsfordonians, I'm sure and have it on very good authority it's a lovely town)

So what I was wondering and be as corny and creative as you like here but do you have anyfriends that possibly live anywhere famous, well known, or near addresses we regularly see on the TV ?

x

BRL
13th May 2005, 17:51
Answer to original question, no.

As for your mate, Knutsford is quite posh and Coronation street is in a studio in Manchester or have I missed the joke there :confused: :O

Your bloke has dumped you? Sorry to hear about that, really. What you doing sat night? ;)

Wedge
13th May 2005, 18:27
Knutsford is very posh and very wealthy.

The Chelsea of the north.

I live in Albert Square, Walford.

er82
13th May 2005, 18:32
very sad..... but Bergerac land......
Friends live in Alderly Edge, not far from where the Beckhams used to live.....

Onan the Clumsy
13th May 2005, 18:46
Can I book this evening?

:cool:

Helli-Gurl
13th May 2005, 19:39
Only if you live at Southfork Onan :)

xx

Onan the Clumsy
13th May 2005, 19:51
It would be an honour to make that journey on my hands and knees across fields of broken glass and mountains of glowing coals.

fleigle
13th May 2005, 20:09
Sean Penn lives about a mile from me!:rolleyes:

Helli-Gurl
13th May 2005, 20:11
Ahh..thiose famous TV locations, the fields of broken glass and mountains of hot coals...

I'm Truly flattered Onan, but didn't the Teletubbies used to hang out there?

xx

tart1
13th May 2005, 20:21
I have a friend who lives in Sawbridgeworth - close to Beckingham Palace!:rolleyes:

Whirlygig
13th May 2005, 20:23
Friends live in Alderly Edge
Alderley Edge was the setting for The Wierdstone of Brisingamen by Alan Garner!

I live in Compton, a racing village which was the setting for the BBC drama (I use the term loosely) "Trainer" - it was a bit like Howard's Way only with gee-gees instead of boats!

One of the actresses lodged next door while it was being filmed!

Compton is also very famous as we have our beacon!! Even though it is actually situated in Hampstead Norris.

Cheers

Whirls

Onan the Clumsy
13th May 2005, 20:38
The Wierdstone of Brisingamen I read that - and the Owl Service. I have fond memories of them both. I wonder how they would seem now.

BRL
14th May 2005, 07:00
My mate lives in London.

8pm ok for you HG? :D

Onewordanswer
14th May 2005, 07:38
I live somewhere people consider exotic, troth is what makes these places exotic is YOU don't live there............sad but true:E

Lost_luggage34
14th May 2005, 08:13
I have lived in Alderley Edge in my time and yes, it has it's 'famous' residents - the Beckhams being one example.

Several of the Coronation Street cast live in the vicinity. Some of them even do their own shopping in the nearby Sainsbury's of a Saturday afternoon.

Some of them have been banned from some of the local hostelries, but I am not at liberty to say further.

Interesting fact No. 264 for a Saturday morning :p

Duckbutt
14th May 2005, 10:09
That bloke who played Reg Holdsworth lives just around the corner from me - does that qualify me to join this club?

Helli-Gurl
14th May 2005, 11:44
But of course Duckbutt!

Seems if people think hard, everyone knows someone famous-ish

x

Avtrician
14th May 2005, 12:23
I live about 4500 Ks away from Ramsay St, dont think that rates some how.

I do live in Perth (the City of Lights), can bee seen at night from the shuttle, thats gotta count.

airship
14th May 2005, 14:36
Avtrician, are you reminiscing again?! The last shuttle STS-107 flew in 2003...unless you mean that Perth's lights can be seen from all the way in Florida? :p

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/archives/sts-107/images/sts107735032_154px.jpg

:{

MMEMatty
14th May 2005, 14:53
I Live over the road from where they park the vans for Channel 4's "No Angels".

other than that, nowhere famous

matty

YYZ
14th May 2005, 15:04
I live a few miles from the Woolpack, Emmerdale area?

Really great eh?:rolleyes:

HG, My girlfriend has just dumped me due to being away on business too much, we could meet and cry on each others shoulders if you want, GSOH & non smoker preferred for fun nights out.... and in.

YYZ:}

B Fraser
14th May 2005, 16:12
I walk past George Michael's place on my favourite pub crawl.... or should that be ....... I run past George Michael's place :}

Sorry Helli, I'm busy with my luvverly girlie tonight :E :E :E :E :E :E :E

ooops....she's watching me type this :\

JB007
14th May 2005, 16:14
When I lived in Yeadon, nr Leeds Bradford, my neighbour was Lisa Riley (Mandy Dingle) !!!!

Which is fitting for this thread, as I now understand Mandy Dingle is in the cockney slang dictionary for single!!!

EGCC4284
14th May 2005, 16:31
I live in Runcorn were "Two pints of lager and a packet of crisp" was set.

Avtrician
15th May 2005, 02:52
Airship,

Thats only two Years ago, I can still remember the one giant step for mankind on the Tele. (even if it was in a secret sound stge):= :E :E :ok:

Scumbag O'Riley
15th May 2005, 12:00
Just had one of those BBC newsreaders move in next door. Their TV camera must have a button on it to make one look 20 years younger and doable without ten pints of stella on board.

Helli-Gurl
17th May 2005, 12:15
You snook that in there very well JB007 ;)

We'll be calling this the dating thread soon!

xx

The SSK
17th May 2005, 12:35
I was born and brought up in the same small Tyneside town as Sting, we were about 2 years apart.

Earlier this year I read his autobiography, which goes into great detail about his childhood, it was almost like being transported back 45 years, I remembered all the places he wrote about, including the music store with the manager who had a speech impediment.

Supposedly his dad was a milkman, but in fact he owned a dairy, which included a shop on the street where Sting used to help out - I remember I used to go into the shop from time to time for their homemade ice-cream.

Also discovered that the junior school he went to was where my sis-in-law was teaching music at the time, unfortunately she doesn't specifically remember him.

PilotsPal
17th May 2005, 12:59
Assorted EastEnders people live in my neck of the woods (London E11).

One of the gorgeous McGann brothers lived next door to my boss in her previous house, and Alan Davies and Julia Sawalha were just a couple of houses down the road (Islington of course).

Avtrician
17th May 2005, 13:27
Me dad was 2 yrs behind Rolf Harris a teachers colledge in Graylands WA (Just down the road from the Mental Hospital). Dad remebers Rolf, (funny about that ) but dont think Rolf remembers me Dad.

Ok Ok Rplf talk is forbidden.

Helmet , bike, gloves. I'm going:hmm:

Biggles Flies Undone
17th May 2005, 14:41
Lord Snowdon lived up the road from me, but he moved a couple of years ago. One of the Saatchi brothers lives the other side of the field - see the occasional inbound/departing helicopter but never see him in the local pub or anywhere else in the village, which (I think) sums up people who move into small villages and never contribute to local life.....

airborne_artist
17th May 2005, 14:48
Tim Henman lives down the other end of the foot/bridle path from us. Often see him/her out with the kids - dog has the same name as one of ours.

Even better going past on daughter #1's nag - get to see what they've done with the garden.

PPRuNe Radar
17th May 2005, 14:52
I have lived in Alderley Edge in my time and yes, it has it's 'famous' residents

A few Manchester ATC people live there ... so it can't be that posh ;) :p

got caught
17th May 2005, 16:46
Alderley Edge and Wilmslow's pretty posh...its where all the footballers wives drink.

Knutsford's not that posh, it's famous for 3 things:

Its ghosts
Its riots
and it's the place where all the planes from Manchester have to swerve around to get their noise abaitment brownie points.

speedbirdzerozeroone
17th May 2005, 21:02
Heli-Girl >

“You snook that in there very well JB007”

…times he’s heard that; I’ll bet!

pilotwolf
17th May 2005, 21:33
Until last year lived near Jim Davidson and Ollie Reed used to use one of the 4 local pubs as he lived in the village.

PW

henry crun
17th May 2005, 22:51
"Often see him/her out with the kids"

Are you unsure airborne_artist ?
He looks like a bloke to me but I have been wrong before. :D