PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan start inducting first female fighter pilots

newscaster
13th May 2005, 17:33
More power to women, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4533367.stm

airmemphis
13th May 2005, 18:20
What other Middle Eastern airlines have female pilots? I know Egyptair have 82.

threepwood
14th May 2005, 18:31
Since when did Egypt Air have female pilots? I never new that! I wonder how many pilots they have anyway? airmemphis, perhaps you know?

threepwood

airmemphis
14th May 2005, 18:47
threepwood, yes they've had women pilots since the early 90s. They currently have 82 female pilots (which I wrote in my first post:ok: ) trained and certified on the entire MS fleet.

Fox3snapshot
15th May 2005, 07:47
Qatari and Yemeni Airlines have female pilots too. A local Dash 8 operation here, Dhabi Aviation, has ladies flying with them. In fact one of the girls at Yemeni foiled a hijack a few years ago.

puff m'call
15th May 2005, 09:50
Rumour control has it that EK are about to employ their first female pilot. That will be fun !!!!!! ;)

recceguy
15th May 2005, 15:19
That thread started with female student fighter pilots....
not much to do with airline stories. As it's much easier to become an airline pilot than a fighter jock, so it should be easier for airlines to integrate women than for air forces to do the same ?

When I was in Saudi Arabia, I watched some years ago a young lady flying USAF F15, just before we took off to Iraq - in fact no problem with me, I just thought "should you bail out above one those wonderful countries you have been bombing the minutes before, run like hell !! (or really trust the CSAR helos...)

MAXMEDLO
15th May 2005, 16:11
Air Memph,

Check your PM's

threepwood
15th May 2005, 21:22
Any religous problems occured? Any social issues?