PDA

View Full Version : Riot Season

Windy Militant
13th May 2005, 12:38
I recently wandered into town to see a mates band playing. I haven't been into the town centre for a while now, and the phrase that came to mind as I was walking to the pub was 'Sticky Unease'. There was a palpable feeling of tension in the air.
With all the hype about yobbish and anti social behaviour and the possibility of it being a hot summer I think the odds for a bit of social unrest this year are fairly high.

Or am I just being paranoid and succumbing to the Hype.

Your thoughts and opinions please. :D

Jerricho
13th May 2005, 13:53
Sticky unease in Swindon you say? Wow, I really liked that place.

Bring on the water cannons.

Windy Militant
13th May 2005, 14:18
Swindon's a not a bad place, although there's definately an edge to things now. A couple of years ago walking through the town centre was a fun addition to the evening. The young girls in their glad rags singing songs, the lads swapping a bit of good humoured banter. It's like something out of a wildlife documentary. Before the crowd was, well like a flock of birds or a shoal of fish just a large amorphous mass. Now it's more clumped, with each little tribe defending it's own territory.
The singing and banter have been replaced by insults and challenges both verbal and physical. Being a singleton amongst that lot is most definately not a pleasant experience. :uhoh:

Solid Rust Twotter
13th May 2005, 14:28
WM

Get yourself one of those waistcoats with wires and sticks of red stuff and alarm clocks to wear under your coat. Stroll up to one of the groups with one eye jumping in a nervous tic and flash them. Have a stopwatch handy to see how long they stick around......

poorwanderingwun
13th May 2005, 15:01
SWINDON.... " Saafend wivah a pier a jamporff "