PDA

View Full Version : The Official Friday 13th - Joke?

Erwin Schroedinger
13th May 2005, 06:12
Tis Friday 13th May!

Worrying or a joke?

:uhoh:

Evening Star
13th May 2005, 07:10
Joke ... of course [touch wood]

Jelly Baby Freak
13th May 2005, 11:58
Donít believe in all that superstitious nonsense..
I Reckon itís unlucky!

:confused:

TheOddOne
13th May 2005, 12:30
Nice piece in the Independent this morning giving 13 reasons to be afraid today.

My favourite was about the Royal Navy attempt to debunk the Friday 13th myth. They commissioned a ship called HMS Friday, work started on it on a Friday 13th, the crew were all hired on a Friday and they chose Captain Jim Friday to skipper the vessel. She set sail on a Friday in 1796 and has never been seen since.

Lloyds of London stopped insuring ships launched on Friday 13th.

As those of you who have read 'The a Vinci Code' will know, this whole thing started with Pope Clement V and his attempt to eradicate the Knights Templar...

Cheers,
The Odd One

Jerricho
13th May 2005, 13:58
2 nuns are driving down a dark lane one Friday 13th, when suddenly a vampire jumps out of the bushes onto the front of their vehicle.

The passenger, Sister Mary, shouted to the driver Sister Ann

"Ann, do something!!!"

Sister Ann started swerving the car left and right, trying to shake the vampire off, but to no avail. The vampire was still on the front of the car, with a look of pure evil on it's face.

"Ann, it's not working, try something else!!"

Sister Ann decided the best course of action would be to slam on the breaks. She hit them as hard as she could, and the car screached to a stop. But the vampire didn't budge. Sister Mary cried

"Quick Ann, show him your cross"

Sister Ann got out of the car.......

"HEY!! GET THE F*CK OFF MY CAR!!!!!!"

airship
14th May 2005, 14:17
I regularly play the Lotto on-line. And I tried to play Euromillions on-line Friday evening for over an hour to no avail. Apparently, thousands of others who don't normally play felt lucky too and the website couldn't handle everyone. Something I never do usually, is to check whether I'd have won if I'd played... :uhoh: Couldn't resist it last night though. Guess what?! Saved myself Ä6 :ok:

Hobgoblin
14th May 2005, 18:56
Never going out on a Friday the 13th of anything again!:*

Head first through the back window of a VW Golf yesterday.

Casualties: i) VW rear window; ii) my pride.

Next year I'm staying in bed.

Synthetic
14th May 2005, 23:52
I gat made redundant again if that helps:(