PDA

View Full Version : Cheap digs near Coningsby

Magoodotcom
13th May 2005, 05:07
Would be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of some cheap but clean accommodation close to RAF Coningsby for one person for a couple of nights later this month. A B&B or small hotel or similar would be ideal.:zzz:

Cheers

Magoo:ok:

Pontius Navigator
13th May 2005, 06:58
Oglee B&B, Stanhope Venue, Woodhall Spa, 01526 353512
The Vale, Tor O'Moor Road, Woodhall Spa, 01526 353022

Eagle Lodge Hotel, The Broadway, Woodhall Spa, 01526 353231

But you really want to stay in the Petwood Hotel, 01526 352411

The price difference between these is not that great for one night but the Petwood is by far the better experience.

There is nothing in the phone book at Coningsby or Tattershall.
Woodhall Spa is just 5 miles north of Coningsby.

I\'ve seen your profile, please feel free to PM me.

Magoodotcom
13th May 2005, 09:27
Cheers PN

PM incoming! :rolleyes:

Magoo :ok:

maxburner
13th May 2005, 10:45
Also try the Dower House Hotel, Woodhal Spa. I'd avoid the Golf Hotel if I were you, my last visit there was overpriced in the extreme for the facilities on offer.

Stax
13th May 2005, 10:49
The people are all interbred! Oh sorry I thought you said "cheap digs at Coningsby" . Cheap and cheerful, the White Bull, dead in the middle of the village, nice rooms, good breakfast, I have had relations stay there.

Magoodotcom
13th May 2005, 11:17
That last one was a bit TOO cheap Stax!!! :}

Thanks for the input folks...I have made the appropriate arrangements and am looking forward to my visit on May 24/25.

Cheers

Pontius Navigator
13th May 2005, 13:39
And the arrangements are?

Magoodotcom
14th May 2005, 00:12
...the Petwood on your recommendation, thanks again PN.

I checked out the the website and it looks suitably comfortable without being too pricey (about EUR80/night). I'll be there for 2 nights on 24/25 May.

Cheers

Magoo:ok:

beerdrinker
14th May 2005, 07:10
ok Magoo, I'll bite. What's a oz journo doing for 2 days at Coningsby after flying for 23 hours from Sunny Sydney.

Magoodotcom
14th May 2005, 07:47
Heading to Toolooze tomorrow to see the new megasupadupabus, then to the old country to catch up with friends and visit some advertising clients.

The side trip to Coningsby is to visit an RAAF exchange officer about to convert to the Eurosupadupafighter and to write a feature on the jet.

Would be pleased to catch up with any Pruners who may be nearby for a brew or three! :}

Seems Petwood has fallen through due to a misunderstanding about their rates. :suspect: Will need to check out the alternates provided above. Eagle Lodge looks good and is about half the price! :hmm:

Cheers