PDA

View Full Version : Collecting fruit labels

Onan the Clumsy
12th May 2005, 14:30
[:8]

Yeah yeah I know...look I just "stumbled across" this site in the middle of the night when I went for a leak.

At first, it seems like the saddest place on the entire internet, but it's actually fairly interesting and the guy's written two books on the subject. Also, look how good the site looks.

http://www.etichettando.com/uk/

[/:8]

Jerricho
12th May 2005, 14:47
Hey, I used to work with somebody who would collect the labels from apples. Any time he would have an apple, he would peel the lable off and stick it to his locker. He had hundreds of them stuck there.

I started collecting beer labels, but ran out of room in the house.

FLCH
12th May 2005, 14:51
Yeah yeah I know...look I just "stumbled across" this site in the middle of the night when I went for a leak.

Taking the piss again are we ?

airship
12th May 2005, 15:14
Yer can't beat Orchard Street for shopping. Uhmmm, taking a leak on the street isn't recommended though.

Jerricho
12th May 2005, 15:15
Do they sell leaks down there?

(I think a distant relative may have been sent to Australia for a very similar thing)

AerBabe
12th May 2005, 15:16
Wow ... and a whole section on forged labels. Fascinating stuff.

airship
12th May 2005, 15:21
Collecting apple labels is way out of date BTW.

These days, people are collecting iPod labels, if they're collecting anything.

Jerricho
12th May 2005, 15:33
I've heard some of the kids up on Main Street are collecting iPods.......and mobile phones, wallets........

FLCH
12th May 2005, 15:54
i Pods....are they some kind of pee?......Oh look at that !! the thread has come full circle....

phnuff
12th May 2005, 16:17
I thought that this was pretty sad http://www.milkfloats.org.uk/

until I saw the fruit label site. Oh dear

DX Wombat
12th May 2005, 16:21
I just "stumbled across" this site in the middle of the night when I went for a leak So you even have a computer in your lavatory do you Onan? :E PPRuNeing on the toilet? :\
Of course you aren't an addict :} :hmm:

Jerricho
12th May 2005, 16:28
He's not an addict. He can quit anytime he wants to........

ExSimGuy
12th May 2005, 19:25
So you even have a computer in your lavatory do you Onan? PPRuNeing on the toilet?
Wombat! Even out here "in the Dunes", we have WiFi these days, so one can sit on the "throne" and PPRuNe with the laptop;)

(for the "tecchies", 54 megathingies from laptop to the Access Point, but then only 512 kilowhotsits from the AP to the satellite :{ )

Kolibear
13th May 2005, 07:59
I stick the labels from my daily lunch time apple on the bin liner, it gives me a clue as to how often the bin liner gets changed. The record was 36 labels......:(