PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Ferrari -where to get them serviced?

Tigs2
12th May 2005, 12:55
Mine (360) needs servicing and a new cambelt. Where can I get it done?
:D := :=

Razor61
12th May 2005, 13:09
In a Ferrari garage

Tigs2
12th May 2005, 13:12
Thanks razor61, why didnt i think of that? Thought i could save a few quid by mabe getting it done at Halfords. I know it would blow the warranty but what the hell.

sorry Huey meister!!

6Z3
12th May 2005, 13:20
What colour is it? Is it any shade of pink?

teeteringhead
12th May 2005, 13:27
There's only one colour for a Ferrari......

WE Branch Fanatic
12th May 2005, 13:31
Mine (F430) doesn't need servicing but I'M SO INSECURE I FEEL I NEED TO TELL EVERYBODY I'VE GOT A FAST CAR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR MY TINY PENIS.

Actually I think there's something wrong with mine. Whenever I take it out it seems to depreciate by about £1000.

What? Your penis?

Spoiled as the post got deleted.

6Z3
12th May 2005, 13:36
Dark Pink then?

Just one thought for you.....a variation on a SAR contract theme..

"I'm Pink, therefore I'm Spam"

Tigs2
12th May 2005, 13:47
6Z3
Metallic Pink sounds good. Anyone know any backstreet spray shops while we're at it? Anyone know if they would do a deal for the service and do my Breitling for nothing?

WEBF my penis depreciates by about £1000 every time i take it out too.

Razor61
12th May 2005, 14:06
If you can afford to buy/run a brand new ferrari then you can afford to go back into the garage and get spares ;)

Tigs2
12th May 2005, 14:25
Razor61
The replies get funnier by the minute.
Please read the Brietling then Rolex thread! It must have been a long day. Ta!

Razor61
12th May 2005, 15:15
I didn't notice them until now :hmm: :E

<<<<<<<:mad: shut up

SilsoeSid
12th May 2005, 15:20
Tigs2,

Provided Halfords can get the equivalent cambelt, getting the 360 serviced there shouldn't be detrimental to the Ferrari warranty.

However, if I were you, I would stay at the location during the work and insist that you were in the car during the inevitable 'test drive'.

Because of the Halford service engineer mentality, I would rather take mine to a recommended 'back street' garage to get the work done. Mainly because they will have a passion for the brand and treat her with respect.

Every penny saved on the service, means more left over for the fuel tank!!

:ok:
SS

spekesoftly
12th May 2005, 15:54
Probably cheaper than Breitling or Rolex battery! :p

EESDL
12th May 2005, 16:14
Tigz
i like what you're doing, shame some took you seriously!!!

SilsoeSid
12th May 2005, 18:42
Tigs2,

Perhaps EESDL is after a sunday driveout with you! ;)

You could always offer to drive him to the ferrari garage to get the cambelt on your 'new' 360 fixed. It should be part of the warranty. Also get them to upgrade the chip early, which is normally done free of charge once she has a few miles on the clock.

Nice drive isn't she? Although I find the clutch sometimes a tad fierce.

Serious question, where to get good value tyres? :confused:

SS

Safety_Helmut
12th May 2005, 19:31
SS

I recently got a cracking deal on a set of high performance remoulds for my Austin Allegro (Vanden Plas no less), chap in the garage assured me that they were as recommended by Ferrari and Aston Martin. He also showed me the set he'd got on his Skoda Rapide. I couldn't go wrong could I ? £40 for the set.;)

Seriously though. Obviously depends where you live, but the motoring press always rave about a place called Micheldever Tyres, do a search, you should come up with the place. Never been there myself, there's a good place near St.Ives (Cambs) where I go.

Safety_Helmut

Tigs2
12th May 2005, 19:33
ESDL
thank god your on the same wave length. Thought i was going insane! How funny are the replies:) :) :) Never had a f*****g 360 in my life wish i had done. When i do have one mate you are FIRST for a tour of the uk! promise please pm me!
Tigs2 (ps wont be long actually!)

BEagle
12th May 2005, 19:44
Maranello have a good reputation, one hears....

But a cam belt change is an engine-out job in a 360 - big bucks!

Safety_Helmut
12th May 2005, 19:50
Tigs

A mate of mine had a 360 years ago, oh how we laughed, Volvo have made some sh!te cars, but the 340 and the 360 were probably the worst I can remember, I was sure it had a chain driven cam though. ? Believe his was a GLT 5 door.

Safety_Helmut

spekesoftly
12th May 2005, 19:55
But a cam belt change is an engine-out job in a 360 - big bucks!

Yes, but peanuts compared to the cost of servicing a Breitling! :E

Safety_Helmut
12th May 2005, 20:00
Speke

Good point, does anyone know a good place I can save a few quid getting my sh!ttingly expensive watch serviced, possibly have it buggered up forever, maybe not even see the watch again ?

SH

Time Flies
12th May 2005, 21:26
Beags

Not actually an engine out job at all. Cam belt change on a 360 can be done in only 3-4 hours.

It's a bugger to get to but nowhere near as bad as a Maranello!

TF

SilsoeSid
12th May 2005, 21:33
Thanks for that Safety_Helmut,

I find on a track day that I go through a set of tyres during the morning session and another in the afternoon.

The thought of some high perf remoulds sounds good for a bit of a saving. Nowadays they are as good as new I believe, although perhaps the squealing round the corners won't sound too good against the throaty roar of the engine. Still, with a helmet on I won't hear it.

Just been to http://www.micheldever.co.uk/ and as I'm at Thruxton next weekend, I think I'll pop in.

A couple of questions, so I don't look silly when I get there;
Do you think that if I was to get winter tyres, they might last a few more laps?
I think an 'F' speed rating is for fast isn't it?

:confused:
SS

MadsDad
13th May 2005, 07:33
SilsoeSid.

In my younger, slimmer, days when I was rallying we always used to use remoulds for tyres for tarmac stages because we couldn't afford racing tyres and remoulds have softer compound rubber so give better grip.

The downside is that they wear faster and only used to last about half the mileage of 'new' tyres.

(Edited to add. I was a bit surprised to hear Micheldever was still going. We got tyres from them, by mail order, 30 years ago and they were the cheapest around then).