PDA

View Full Version : BMed DFO Sacked?

Wrong Sisters
11th May 2005, 21:13
Heard that BMed DFO sacked and several others have resigned - what happening there? Thought that it was a happy ship?

take_that
12th May 2005, 10:01
What does that mean 'enquirer'???

Facts only please.

BMed Boy
12th May 2005, 20:19
Yep, I heard the same but no details. DFO sacked and others jostling for position!

Suggs
13th May 2005, 09:43
Was listening out on 123.45, like everyone does to a conversation between two BMED drivers. Sounded like all hell was breaking loose with the top bloke going and everyone else jumping ship.

red9
13th May 2005, 10:58
All getting a bit messy and worrying - in the last few months :

1. Sadly lost CEO
2. Head of Training Resigns
3. Ground Operations Manager resigns
4. Operations Controller resigns
5. Now DFO apparently sacked
6 Some TRE's resigning as trainers

All the above good people ..... now there must be something in common between nos 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 . wonder what ?

13th May 2005, 12:52
Don't know anything of the politics but could this be the start of a merger with management moving out???

Reality Checks
13th May 2005, 14:51
If GB and BMed were going to merge, why would these people reisign rather than wait for a pay off?

red9
13th May 2005, 15:00
are you suggesting there was no job for them 1033 ? does anybody actually know anything about a merger other than the conspiracy theories?

13th May 2005, 16:28
No Red9 - purely hypothetically speaking....but have heard this happen in other companies whereby people allegedly resign with a golden handshake. Had a friend in another industry that saw 4 out of 6 of the top management allegedly resign. 2 month later new was released of the merger.

I've know idea of BMeds current position. Was just something to add to the melting pot.

Banzai Eagle
13th May 2005, 17:38
Red9

What about No 7 - Crewing Supervisors Job being advertised
on Av Job Search?

Bishop of Baku
13th May 2005, 22:32
Funny thing, the logjam with balpa pension negotiations seems to have been washed away.

UFGBOY
13th May 2005, 23:36
Isn't the new Director Ground ops ex AAE MD because he couldn't take the heat there?

14th May 2005, 12:39
Bishop, what does that mean?

Does this mean flight deck will get an improvement in pensions?

red9
14th May 2005, 13:57
me thinks pension issue will just become a much lower priority.- acnt see any other connection
take your point 1033 but dont think these people resigned voluntarily. heard that the dfo has been suspended by the board due to unable to keep his staff and flight safety issues. would like to see the victims of this re-instated but thats probably wishfull thinking

Bishop of Baku
14th May 2005, 20:52
And if the surrogate DFO gets too comfy…………
Last one out turn the light off.

The Black Baron
19th May 2005, 17:44
Good news. All is not lost ex BMED DFO. A few jobs out there. Albert Abela looking for some potato peelers, baggage loaders are always needed and aircraft cleaners always recruiting. Only thing you might have to brush up on is your team playing skills. At least BMED can now get on with being the nice airline that it once was.

flapswan
19th May 2005, 19:34
BB

Ah, but what about surrogate son of ex BMED DFO? I Think only when there's an ex BMED CP will your hopes become reality.

red9
20th May 2005, 07:38
Flapswan - my thoughts exacly - see my first post on this subject .... now the common denominator is ?......

flapswan
20th May 2005, 09:39
Mark.

Loyalty, like respect, is a two way street.

BMed Boy
20th May 2005, 09:55
If you want loyalty get a dog.

Bishop of Baku
20th May 2005, 14:14
Dog left with the wife.

By the way F***ty I hope things work out OK. You had a good side.

Don’t spent our profit share all in one go.

red9
21st May 2005, 09:42
WILBS - it was never uninformed speculation - it was cold hard facts. This site is a rumour network and gets used for just that. It may be that we post questions on here and use it as an information medium (?) because internally information sharing is so poor. It appears you have not thought it through - as usual. Where does the loyalty bit come from ?- some of us are actually worried about our current lack of leadership

BISHOP OF BAKU - Like you I wish the man well.

PREPPY -Could be , seems likely - historically others have taken the "rap" for our surrogate DFO

21st May 2005, 18:24
Wilbs et al

Noticed that many other airlines have private forums, just wondered what the up take would be for a 'BMed Private Forum'. Is it something that would get used?

I imagine that the company would frown upon it but it might be more acceptable than airing our laundry in public?

--------------

Wish DFO all the best, wherever that may be.

I'd be surprised if we ever get to the bottom of what really happened!

Bishop of Baku
21st May 2005, 21:13

Bmed did have its own forum, and very lively it was too.

As I remember, the demise of it was when they tried to make it traceable by resetting all the passwords and having to re-apply using your staff number (or something like that).

Strange nobody posted after that, but I think its hi time it started again in its original anonymous format.

I have some good stories lined up, but we are wandering off the topic a bit.

Bishop of Baku
20th Jun 2005, 11:32
In the galley?

Carnage Matey!
27th Dec 2005, 12:22
Perhaps because Virgin Nigeria has only been running a few months?

red9
27th Dec 2005, 13:22
refreshing news - took long enough but never mind - and previous to Virgin Nigeria - any clues ?

Flightrider
27th Dec 2005, 14:49
Virgin Atlantic A340 skipper & flight safety officer. Would not be entirely surprised if he had left Virgin Nigeria because he didn't particularly like Nigeria and BMed was a better offer!

What has happened to BMed's commercial chap as I see he has left as well.

red9
27th Dec 2005, 14:51
which commercial chap ?

27th Dec 2005, 16:25
New Director of Flight Operations
BMED is delighted to announce the appointment of Jason Holt, 42, as the airline’s new Director of Flight Operations (DFO). Jason brings with him a wealth of operations experience gained within the aviation industry and joins BMED from Virgin Nigeria where he was their DFO.

With an aviation career spanning more than two decades Jason began his working life with the Royal Air Force (RAF) where he was involved in operations worldwide, including responsibility for Strike Command operational training. Since leaving the RAF in 1994 he has worked for Virgin Atlantic, initially as a Captain on A340s and A320s, then as Head of Safety before, most recently, becoming DFO for Virgin Nigeria.

David Richardson, Chief Executive for BMED, said:

“We are delighted that someone with Jason’s skills and expertise has decided to join us at the start of what is set to be a very exciting few years at BMED. With seven aircraft on order, doubling the size of our existing fleet by 2010, we have a challenging growth period ahead.

I am confident that Jason will make an outstanding contribution to our future and I look forward to welcoming him onboard.

Jason joins BMED in April 2006 and will work closely with Chief Pilot, Captain Mick Crosby. Mick has done an outstanding job as acting DFO over the last few months and I would like to take this opportunity to thank him and his team.”

Jason Holt, BMED’s newly appointed Director for Flight Operations, said:

“I am thrilled to be joining the BMED team. BMED’s experience in the Near East, African and Central Asia market means that the commercial opportunities for expansion and growth are very compelling. To be able to make a contribution to BMED and its operations team is a great opportunity and something I am very much looking forward to. ”

and also

New Commercial Director
BMED is pleased to announce the appointment of Jonathan Grisdale as its new Commercial Director. Jonathan, 38, joins BMED from Carlson Marketing Group where he was Vice President for Client Development. Prior to this, he held a variety of sales and marketing positions with companies including Cendant Corporation and American Express.

David Richardson, Chief Executive for BMED, said:

“We are delighted to welcome Jonathan on board. With seven new aircraft on order we are looking forward to a challenging period of growth and I am confident that Jonathan will make a significant contribution to our development. He will build on the great work achieved by his predecessor, Richard Cann.”

Jonathan Grisdale, BMED’s newly appointed Commercial Director, said:

“I am very pleased to be joining BMED at an exciting time for the airline. Although new to aviation, I believe my solid experience in business development and leadership across a wide variety of disciplines will enable me to help BMED continue to grow sales and develop and strengthen its customer relationships.”

Info from flybmed.com website

red9
27th Dec 2005, 17:05
oh dear oh dear oh dear

flyer55
27th Dec 2005, 20:32
Could the franchise be up and not renewed under WW plans?

28th Dec 2005, 11:44
Red9

Which part upsets you about this news and why? Have you contacts who know of these two?

Flyer55

I thought WW would be all in favour of retaining the franchaises, so what makes you think that WW might not wish to continue the current relationship?

surely not
28th Dec 2005, 19:35
Jason Holt is a good guy who is even handed and will look after his crews interests as well as those of the company.
He also has a good sense of humour which he might need I guess